Yet Another Article on Game Dev Careers

This is why I'm not doing a Games design degree, because I'm not really that thrilled of the idea of games design.

Instead Multimedia Design & Digital Animation degree gives me a wealth of job oppurtunities, games, film, tv, print, anything.

Instead Multimedia Design & Digital Animation degree gives me a wealth of job oppurtunities, games, film, tv, print, anything.

it gives you a degree, not opportunities :derp:

these areas are also all about your portfolio, a degree could get you a better paycheck maybe or make it easier to get visa in another country. But the background you learn with a multimedia degree is important though :)

Its why i'm also still going for a communications and multimedia design master as a backup for the future

Yeah I guess the only reason why I plan on getting a degree is that I don't see myself working in Norway, unless lots of small studios start poppin' up.

I've never really wanted to work at a huge studio, I want to find a small little studio that create games in themes that I like.

"Higher" positions in a company would be cool aswell, but that wouldn't be of any interest to me before I get really old.

Working in the games industry has been my dream for nearly 6 years, I dont think I'll quit that dream anytime soon. But then again, you never know what will happen... If i wake up some day, 40 years old, no kids, no life, and a lowly position at some unknown game company, then I might reconsider...

But untill then, I'll keep trucking on!