Sign in to follow this  
JamesL

de_static *RC VERSION DL* - updated 16/02

Aye, probably a good idea. I have found myself snagging on some of the wall 'pillars' and other such detail in a few places, guess I can change them to func_illusionary rather than adding clip around them.

I played the map a bit, most of the important things have been mentioned, but I also like to suggest you optimize the map more. Especially if you start CT spawn running above to the T-side, I had mayor FPS-losses.

I think it is very important to have stable FPS to be a successful custom map :)

A year after starting it, and a 5 month break since beta, I am finally in the process of getting de_static sorted for a final release, adding in some custom models n stoof, and generally fixing up the gameplay a little. Hopefully I'll have a release candidate out in the next month or so.

Some WIP piccies below with a bunch of new stuff in em, tweaked lighting and a tad more polish than the beta. Layout remains predominantly the same.

gallery11jpg.jpg

gallery08jpg.jpg

gallery01jpg.jpg

gallery10jpg.jpg

gallery02jpg.jpg

gallery07jpg.jpg

gallery09jpg.jpg

Those screens look very nice :) just played the beta map, and i really loved the design and overall look :D

edit: btw, the gras/trees do look like an area from guildwars (pre-searing ascalon)

edit: btw, the gras/trees do look like an area from guildwars (pre-searing ascalon)

Regent Valley I think? Shame the Source engine won't let you do the kind of dynamic falling leaves thingy that GW allows.

Looks very good. Just a nitpick, between the garage and those generator things it doesn't look as if there would be enough room for a truck or anything to park though of course that has no effect on gameplay or anything ;o

Regent Valley I think? Shame the Source engine won't let you do the kind of dynamic falling leaves thingy that GW allows.

yes Regent Valley, thats the one i mean :)

you could make the leaves falling, in the same way you make rain/snow/ash.

this looks damn nice. tell me when there is a maptest. i will quit any task to play this map. :)

same for me :)