Sign in to follow this  
OrnateBaboon

CS Source: de_tropea

sexy. maybe bevel some of the outside building edges. Would help the overall feel of the levels more by taking away the cube like feel without removing the architectural element.

yeah your indoors are great, but the exteriors could use a bit of work, like zacker said I dont think chain link fences fit in there. You could try making your roofs displacements to break up the square/cube feeling.

Keep it up man it just keeps gettin better.

WhiteDevil - are you talking about how there should be yellow leaves on the trees themselves or the ones that are already on the floor?

von*ferret - I agree. All of the buildings in the map are blocky at the moment. When I am happy with the shape of them and the way they fit together, I will angle the corners, or add extra geometry to get rid of the cube like feel.

Zacker - will remove fences. Make no snse being there whatsoever!

Meotwister - will definitely add displaced roofs when I am happy with the buildings. They make a huuuge difference. The first lot of pics are quite rough, and I am going to rebuild lots of the area. Looks a bit too old engine in places.

WhiteDevil - are you talking about how there should be yellow leaves on the trees themselves or the ones that are already on the floor?

He means just regular ordinary tree models need a new change from green leaves to yellow to math the leaves under the tree

Excellent lookign level, the things I would adress are the few present consistancy issues. You have some nice architecture and some excellent level work, but the trashcans look a little out of place, and the crate on the street is kind of odd, doesn;t seem to serve any direct purpose.

Some other things though very minor but kind of weird you have trees with nice green leaves but the the ground has orange ones laying all around. I know that may not be something you can directly fix but I think militia's trees might have reddish orangish leaves?

The lamp at the top of the small hallway is upside down, that looks pretty odd also.

keep up the great work.

Cheers atrocity. I added the trashcan becaause it looks modern. I would like to date the map, so that it looks as though it is taking place in the present day. Could also change the colour of the skin on the tree to match the leaves if it is an issue. Lamp definitely looks odd!

Some pics of inaccesable areas. I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas about things that could be added into these areas. There are quite a few of them, so I don't want to keep repeating myself. All ideas are welcome.

de_tropea20.jpg

de_tropea21.jpg

de_tropea22.jpg

de_tropea23.jpg

de_tropea24.jpg