Sign in to follow this  
Campaignjunkie

Minerva: Metastasis 2

i thought "awesome"

indeed, this is the best single player mod out there for source imo =)

Hell, it even rivals hl2.

yep, this is definitely the best singleplayer mod for hl2 out there, at the moment. The story telling isn't the best possible, but what can you do unless you want to do voice acting :(

The level design and atmosphere in this one is great. There was a very cool effect in that tall room where a huge gun sound happened every few seconds and the view dimmed black a little (although almost too much). Very cool though, a more detailed and atmospheric version of Combine.

Did anyone find it a bit easier than the first episode? I remember the end of episode 1 was really quite a challenge on hard settings. Aesthetically episode 2 was great, but the game-play was a let down at the end.

Then again, episode 3 could just be around the corner.

in the middle there is a room with a shield, throw a grenade in there to knock the plug off and turn the shield off

thx

Yeah it was hard for me to figure that out too, Mainly because the text that you got after you hit that button up in that room disappeared too fast, and there was some troopers disrupting my reading...

Looks awesome. got stuck in the second level tough and found it a bit to dark there. He manages to keep you long in a single level (especialy compared to mine where you rush trough a level with the buggy in 5 minutes :P ) On the other hand, the backtracking got old fast.

Still the locations are very impressive :-) Makes me wish I had more of an art thing/feeling/imagination :-)

in the middle there is a room with a shield, throw a grenade in there to knock the plug off and turn the shield off

thx

Yeah it was hard for me to figure that out too, Mainly because the text that you got after you hit that button up in that room disappeared too fast, and there was some troopers disrupting my reading...

Yeah, i hate feeling that I missed relevant plot information when I get ambushed.