awp_monopoly

JamesL

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is worthy of a spotlight. Like Curman and Meotwister say, the originality and new content make it good enough. Not only that, but aim/fy style maps are usually pretty horrible to look at.

AlexRoyce - maybe you should say what you don't like about this map, and why it is not worth a spotlight. This way you can still make your point, but also be constructive.

I guess its just the notion that I cant see an awp/fy/ka/aim/surf map making spotlight. If everyone else thinks its worth spotlight, then let it be. Its just that if you compair something like de_corse or dod_salerno to this, you see a noticable difference in quality.

Heres my reasoning:

I hate AIM maps, and really any aim map that I had played in the past was usually a boxed in grassy area with some cyclinders for cover. Too actually see an aim_map excel to the point of using a whole new idea and new content/features makes it spotlight material from other normal maps.

You seem overly bitter, perhaps a little upset that no one decided to spotlight your strip club? It's nice, but like you said it's nothing I said "Wow!" over or even consider it being spotlight worthy. Thefore, shut the fuck up and don't act high & mighty of what and who is deserving of a spotlight gallery.

owned :P

Yeah I don't get why you are so upset about it. This map is great and both artists worked their asses off to pull custom content together.

Maybe you just pissed off cause more people will play this awp map than yours ? Whatever.

BTW, this thread is about james and generalvivi's work, if you want to bitch about spotlight requirements start your own thread.

Im neither upset about it nor do I care about my maps being here. I trying to figure out how something like de_corse can get spotlight, but then this map could also get it right afterwards (it even seems like a bit of an insult to Hessi). I would think that instead of just adding good maps, youd be showcasing the best maps and continuously try raising the bar.

This map is good and all, but its not outstanding.

Sheesh.

PS: I really dont even like my stripclub map anymore because of the company whos basically screwed me over when making it, and personally id rather see the damn thing die just to spite that company.

Oh and stop trying to turn this on me, as this is just my opinion and has nothing to do with my work.

That sounds like a load of bullshit to me, mate. I shall quote Mikezilla (Cause obviously you didn't read it):

"It's really in place to show something of artistic merit or a creative achievement."

Creative achievement. He created somethin' original with new content. Leave it alone, man. It's not "Well this map is better than this.. so it must go up." You likely can make the best fy_iceworld remake in the world, and it won't make spotlight cause of how overdone it is.

No ones "turning on you" you brought it on yourself, when say something disrespectful likely out of spite or jealousy, you better have reasons. I'd apologize if I were you to atleast show maturity.

Im neither upset about it nor do I care about my maps being here. I trying to figure out how something like de_corse can get spotlight, but then this map could also get it right afterwards .

actually our map was in before hessi's final image if i do recall? and i feel honored to share a spot with him on the spotlight.

please can we let this die or somthing, alex you have caused enough comotion already , we can just let it die now eh?

Im not bullshitting you whatsoever. So far Mikezilla has explained it best, and I thank him for that, while you others basically tell me to shut up and try turning the argument on me and my work because you believe im jealous or some other immature reason.

Why am I saying this shouldent be in spotlight?:

Its an AWP map. Yes, it is a great AWP map in both quality and style, but its just an AWP map, which isnt exactly the hardest thing to make/do, and its a remake of a 1.6 map, so it isnt original.

Dont get me wrong, Vivi is a great modeller and (from what ive seen) a good mapper. He should put his talents to something bigger and more worthwhile, and then that would be the sort of thing which would be worthy of spotlight.

And it still sounds like youre trying to turn my reason for disagreeing with you into a personal reason, rather than an opinion of this map.

Alright Vivi ill shut up now.

Now that someone has dared to say it, I might as well say that it was also my initial thought when seeing this map. It's all ok for a fy map, but that does not say a lot and does certainly not imply spotlight gallery.

On the other hand, I don't care. The moderators here are free and welcome to choose whatever they choose. If they feel this is spotlight quality, then it is. I do actually think it is all cool that also a few more than just the top 5 best works each year gets in the spotlight:)

I am pretty sure the moderators here have better things to use their time on than long dicussions about which map to get in the spotlight and which not. If they see anything which they personally think is cool, then it's added - despite if one or two might disagree on the forums. That it is how it is and how it should be.

^Bingo. Now that you can see its not only me whos disagreeing, you can maybe stop trying to imply that im jealous or some other petty reason for disagreeing with this spotlight.

It seems like if anyone disagrees with a spotlight map people will try and burn him at the stake.. jeez.

Im done.

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.