Sign in to follow this  
The Postman

So how would you run YOUR nation, Mapcore?

So Mapcore Political Discussion denizens I have a fun little online game for you to play! We all have our own political views here, and I thought it'd be fun to see how they play out in your very own nation!

Nation States! It's the fast and fun online nation building game. Design your nation to suit your needs! Heck, you can even design your own flag.

My nation can be found here: http://www.nationstates.net/the_animas

I'll even make flags for a few of you if you sign up to play! So Mapcorians, get out there and make your nation!

i created a new one:

http://www.nationstates.net/peris

The Kingdom of Peris is a tiny, socially progressive nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5 million enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.

The enormous, socially-minded government devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Law & Order and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 38%, but much higher for the wealthy. A substantial private sector is led by the Retail, Soda Sales, and Information Technology industries.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Peris's national animal is the dodo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the mojo.

Got me one too:

The Democratic Republic of Red vegetable is a tiny, devout nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.

The medium-sized government devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Law & Order and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 15%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Trout Farming industries.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low. Red vegetable's national animal is the badger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the florijn.

civil rights: very good

economy: very strong

political freedoms: excellent

ROFL:

Peris Awash With Red-Rimmed Eyes

The Issue

National marijuana consumption has hit an all-time high, with alarming results, a new poll has found.

The Debate

1. "My factory's productivity is down ten percent since marijuana was decriminalized," complains employer Charles Silk. "And the number of thefts from the candy machine is off the scale. This so-called 'pot' needs to be banned in all public places. Let the junkies do what they want at home, but not in my workplace."

[Accept]

2. "Whoa, dude, no need to get, like, you know," says Free Your Mind campaigner Colin Broadside, from his parents' basement. "This is, like, a personal choice issue, you know. It's like... whoa, just back off what I want to do with my own body. Don't let the fascists win, man. There are some hot new eckies coming in soon, they should be legal too."

[Accept]

Only thing I can say is that Evil Empires always win :D

The Empire of The glass is half full is a tiny, safe nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws. Its compassionate population of 5 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The large government concentrates mainly on Social Welfare, although Healthcare and Education are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 22%, but much higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is led by the Trout Farming industry, followed by Soda Sales and Uranium Mining.

Crime is well under control. The glass is half full's national animal is the evil badger and its currency is the soul.

Maybe my evil badger and your friendly badger could get together sometimes, knock down few beers and maybe form an alliance of sorts against the non badger countries, and rule them with iron grip.

i've made like 12 nations in the past, i do it for 3 days and get bored/forget about it. i wish all the issues arose 50 at a time or something, it sucks that you have to check up on it constantly

wee a new one for bic:

http://www.nationstates.net/bicball

i created a mapcore nation:

http://www.nationstates.net/82278/page= ... on=mapcore

The Free Land of Minoss is a tiny, devout nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5 million are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.

The enormous, corrupt, liberal government is effectively ruled by the Department of Religion & Spirituality, with areas such as Law & Order and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 31%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Trout Farming.

Crime is a problem, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Minoss's national animal is the minotaur, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the mino.

Sign in to follow this