Quickie thumbnail sketch

Kosmo

A 5 minute sketch of some sort of emperor for my MMORPG world that I have been building for few years now.

I just got my new Wacom Intuos 3 A4 tablet and I'm trying to get used to it, it kicks ass compared to the Volito POS that I had earlier. So the quality of the sketch is what it is, when my new monitor and memory arrives I can fire up the photoshop and do large drawings without the fear that it will crash in the middle of a sessionand corrupting my workfile (yes that has happened).

emperor.jpg

The story for him is that he is some sort of Darth Vader guy, a strong psychic and fierce warrior and rules a dark empire with an iron grip, the empire is based in to a steampunk world but I think the emperor looks more like some sort of warhammer 40k guy than steampunky armored guy, meh, I have to work on that bit more when I'm working on the final version.

I'll try to post more concept sketches of the rest of the bunch.

Oh great c&c guys.

What, all of a sudden my emperor is bison? Because they both wear combination hats? What the hell?

So it has nothing to do with that he is a military leader, a futuristic hitler? Oh no, it has got to be plagiarism of some fighting game character because stolve said so.

Just to be clear because you are obviously retarded as hell, here is a picture of hitler.

240px-Adolf_Hitler_Bigger.jpg

You know, an evil man, trying to become emperor of the world.

I don't really think any offence was meant Kosmo, but the simple truth is that at a glance, he looks a whole lot like M.Bison. It was the first thing I thought of when I saw it, due to the hat and the shoulder pads mostly. When coloured and cleaned up it probably won't look so like him.

I'm going to add more bulk to his armour, now it's too much like a redman suit from Mythbusters.

I already got some good drawings on the details and the armour but they are on paper, I don't usually draw my work from start to finish on my tablet, and you can see that, my linework on the tablet is crappy.

I also thought that it would be cool to lose the cape and put some sort of leather jacket on him, I have to see where I go with this in the next few doodles.

But since we are on the subject, what do you guys think about steampunk? It's a strange genre and usually mixed up with basic fantasy. I love it.

Personally i'd like to see some completely new kind of character when it comes to people to try to conquer the world, something that people do not expect. This has gotten old. (no offense intended), which is proven by the fact that he looks like Bison. The sketch itself is pretty nice, i just don't like the character.

Oh great c&c guys.

What, all of a sudden my emperor is bison? Because they both wear combination hats? What the hell?

So it has nothing to do with that he is a military leader, a futuristic hitler? Oh no, it has got to be plagiarism of some fighting game character because stolve said so.

Just to be clear because you are obviously retarded as hell, here is a picture of hitler [..]

Kosmo is touchy :P

Personally i'd like to see some completely new kind of character when it comes to people to try to conquer the world, something that people do not expect. This has gotten old. (no offense intended), which is proven by the fact that he looks like Bison. The sketch itself is pretty nice, i just don't like the character.

I like what you are saying, ofcourse when we think of strong leaders controlling large amounts of land and people it would be a dramatic military leader, Star Wars is a definition on this, the only foreign politics was a man clad in black armour.

Ofcourse the whole point of my emperor is that when you first see him you go like "oh he is propably some sort of leader and quite evil bastard, I bet he eats babies".

But I'm always open for discussion on the matter, what makes a conqueror, who is the conqueror that would be had he given the chance, Kane from command & conquer, he is too is a tired old stereotype.

Interesting subject, none the less.

Kosmo is touchy :P

Well, I'll test you some day, call your work a rip-off and downgrade it's value, I'll see how you react, if you don't react at all, you are no artist if I'm concerned, you don't love your work.

hehe, well people here tend not to try being bitchy when adding comments, you should allways try to see it from a more humerous (sp) point of view. Nobody is "after you" here! =)

Anyhow; back to the topic: Some leather stuff as you mentioned might be nice. Allthough another point you should perhaps consider is that if he is a badass leader of some sort, he might not be spending his time out on the battlefield, even though he commands an army? When speaking of starwars as you mentioned, darth vader is indeed wearing some sort of armour, but that is because he tends to spend time on the front lines actually fighting, the emperor on the other hand, is the actual ruler and does not need a big armor because he just sits inside the deathstar or somewhere safe, so he wears a simple robe. Dunno if that made much sense, but what im trying to say is that even though he is a military commander/leader, he may not spend all his time wearing a friggin huge armor. However, its up to you and where you think he is supposed to be placed in your game, as he would indeed need the armor if you place him in some sort of battlefield. But if he is to be placed inside a congress house or something, he would be wearing something different, so you might want to experiment with some other clothes. =) Anyhow, cant wait to see more of those scetches, and how it turns out with more leather.