Horror Movie Tribute Mod (HL2)

I've had this idea for a while now.

I am a huge horror movie fan. And with all of the great mods that are being pumped out on all the engines today, I still have yet to see any attempt to really recreate the feeling that you experience when watching a good horror film. And this is where the idea comes in. To create a single-player mod that pays tribute to many of modern horror's greatest films. Each level would be dedicated to a different movie. One level would be dedicated to the "Halloween" movies, by forcing the player to hide and escape from the pursuing masker killer, Michael Myers. Another level could be set in a dream world inspired by "A Nightmare On Elm Street", while fighting off different attacks and forms of Freddy Kreuger. The list can go on, hopefully including: "Friday the 13th", "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "Day of the Dead", and any other films that are brought up. Each level (or map) will have it's own objectives to keep it interesting, and provide a thrilling experience comparable to the movies. I've seen it done with a few Half-Life 2 single player maps, so I know it can be done.

I really would like to get this mod going, but I need a dedicated team to back me up. I am not desperate, but if you are interested or know someone that might be interested in creating this mod, please let me know. It seems that the HL2 mod community needs something different and fresh. Something that doesn't focus on "Apocalyptic Warzones" or "Realistic War Experiences" would be nice for the large community of horror fans. So please, if you are interested and have a skill to offer such as: Modelling, Coding, Mapping, Web Design, Sound Design, Concept Art, Etc. Then drop me a line, either by PM or these other options:

Email and MSN: Flesheatingzombie@hotmail.com

AIM: Tarman Zombie

Oh, and if you have any ideas or support for this mod, feel free to post in here.

I It seems that the HL2 mod community needs something different and fresh. Something that doesn't focus on "Apocalyptic Warzones" or "Realistic War Experiences" would be nice for the large community of horror fans.

Horror mods are not exactly "fresh"...

I It seems that the HL2 mod community needs something different and fresh. Something that doesn't focus on "Apocalyptic Warzones" or "Realistic War Experiences" would be nice for the large community of horror fans.

Horror mods are not exactly "fresh"...

hehe i agree, it seems that there are more horror/zombie mods for hl2 than the things you just mentioned. Good luck with the project though