WIP "Causality Effect"

OnboardError

Well I know this board is for WIP maps... but m thread here is about a series of WIP maps for my mini mod... Check out the trailer for my HL2:SP maps. Heres some info guys.

What if everything that went wrong on "A Red Letter Day" was not caused by what you thought? What if your teleport ripped a hole in space and time? Now you must travel through time to correct the events and set right your past.

Causality Effect

“A Red Letter Day Gone Wrong”

My mini-mod is about 85% done with a estimated relase date of mid January.

Download the trailer: http://www.alexroyce.com/CausalityEffect.rar

I want to thank Alex Royce for hosting the video.

These are all the shots I currently have on this machine..

map66load11d2f00031jq.jpg

map66load100041zn.jpg

map55load100212yi.jpg

Crits and suggestions and comments wanted. After you watch the trailer.

i like it a lot, however some of you buildings are too boring. specifically in the first picture that building to the left has the same window 100 times over and looks super fake. get some variation in there, balconies, cracks, wires, drains etc. you should also add roof tops to all of your buildings, be it a flat slab wider than the building, angled or what ever, it makes things look much better. you should focus on walls in addition to placing crates on the ground. otherwise the map looks great and i love a good sp map

i like it a lot, however some of you buildings are too boring. specifically in the first picture that building to the left has the same window 100 times over and looks super fake. get some variation in there, balconies, cracks, wires, drains etc. you should also add roof tops to all of your buildings, be it a flat slab wider than the building, angled or what ever, it makes things look much better. you should focus on walls in addition to placing crates on the ground. otherwise the map looks great and i love a good sp map

Yea all great suggestions... as for the building with the textures that are all the same that was a old shot.. its all fixed up now.

I think you have a great singleplayer project coming along, but you should definately rethink the lighting in those levels. Now they are plain BORING.

if you look at this HL2: Aftermath screenshot you know what I mean. Spice up the lighting/fog/sky etc and you'll get alot better mood and atmosphere to the map.