Sign in to follow this  
Mojo

Forum Features / Suggestions

looking hot! Post and Reply are a little edgy though, dont know if you were going to work on that or not. Look swank regardless. I love the color scheme.

ack topic and reply buttons, already commented on though...

Also when on the forums index the little buttons folder_new.giffolder.gif indicating new and old bug me a bit, not always clear on which is what. Maybe it's just the new colors, maybe a tiny bit more definition would help.

Looking good though...

Edit: On second thought, they seem fine.

I take it the style sheets are going to change to match the new buttons; personally I'm not real fond of the darker direction the new stuff is taking. I like brighter happier forums, if I'm going to be spending a lot of time looking at something I don't want it to be gloomy :| The font is a bit too... edgy... for my taste as well.

I quite liked the old scheme. oh well, so be it.

Pastel colors would be better than the current darker direction the core is taking.

Also, I think that I preferred the old logo over the new one, the new one is rather generic.

The button graphics for the profile and website etc. look like they were made by a 12-year old :shock: They feel out of place when placed net to the quote and edit buttons, placeholders?

Which pretty much sums it up that I don't like the new core at all I guess, the old one was bettar.

darker direction? the only thing thats somewhat dark is the little 82x25 pixel buttons....but geez get over it. it's buttons!

i agree some of them look a bit choppy but its only buttons, and it can be easily fixed...

yeah i did them kinda fast, definitly gonna take another stab at them.

man the way some of you guys talk kinda scares me. chill out, we're gonna fix what sucks.

sheesh.

Let me clarify my last statement: I liked the old color scheme much more. The new buttons don't fit the old color scheme. The old buttons were generic and ugly and sorely needed updating (and I like the iconic approach you're taking) but the general colors, look and feel, were very good IMO.

I'm guessing you don't like my idea of having the quote button just being two inverted commas :(

It looks good. I just don't like the font you are using on everything, it seems too sharp.

darker direction? the only thing thats somewhat dark is the little 82x25 pixel buttons....but geez get over it. it's buttons!

Well, take white page and fill it with slightly gray dots, and the overall color of the page turns dark. When you fill the page with dark gray buttons, and gray colors for the boxes and borders, you GET A DARKER DIRECTION.

Besides, the value of gray used on the buttons is just the gray that doesn't go well with other colors, especially the more vibrant colors like red and yellow.

The gray obviously seems to be a dark value of blue, then obviously different values of blue would work better. And I'm all for harmonious design and colors that don't fight with each other and blend in to their surroundings.