Sign in to follow this  
Mojo

Forum Features / Suggestions

OK those cube icons...Here is why I don't think they are good:

They don't give any indication of what they mean. I like icon images that have some kind of meaning. Those are only colored cubes. I don't mind an artistic, unified theme, just make the images a little more functional. Otherwise people will constantly looking to the guides to reminde themselves what they mean.

As for new logo up top...I'll take what I get. I'm not an artist so as long as it is clean, readable and not vomit-inducing, that's good.

i made the last one and this one...

zaph was responsible for the cube, which is our actaul logo.

It was about making the cube the important logo piece and having mapcore be next to it.

this may sound stupid but the gradient behind the logo is slightly different (in the compression) than the gradient used as a tiling background picture. its probably not noticeable on some monitors but i can really see it very clearly and for some reason its annoying the crap out of me D:

anyone else that sees this?

Not a big fan of the new scheme, but I can't really put my finger on why. The buttons seem really quickly done. The title graphic looks odd to me but I think that's mostly because of the harsh black under the text of "mapcore" and the lack of anywhere near as strong a shadow under the cube.

Perhaps we could have a bit of an art contest for art schemes?

I liked the old art set, personally.