von*ferret

Level Design Help Files

i'm actually looking for a tutorial for configuring max to export to .smd models (preferably one easy to follow). alternatively if someone has theirs set up, maybe they can guide me?

Just download the wunderboy SMD export/import files from http://www.wunderboy.org/

Set up your file (make model/texture/collision model).

Select the main model, export selected, select "Source SMD (*.smd) save as modelname.smd and select "export reference SMD"

Then again, export selected (same model), save as modelname_idle.smd and select "export sequence SMD"

Then hide your selected model, leaving you with the collision model, control+A, export selected as modelname_phys and select "export reference SMD"

That should be enough to make the .qc file and compile the prop for ingame usage.

About how to set up a model / file for export that needs a bit more explaining, but just make sure it's pivot is at 0 0 0, reset X-forms, use multi-sub materials and make sure the path of the .max file and the .tga file are correctly set up to use the same structure as your mod.

Hope that helps you a bit further.

you don't need the _idle one afaik. just tell the qc to reference the standard model again and you're good to go.

hi guys

long time browser, first time poster.

thought i'd just post this; level design tutorial/articles list

I've compiled a list of some bookmarks I've gathered up for a while. I hope it proves useful to people.

Some of the links are from this page. I've credited those I took from, and please tell me if you want your name on/off.

Great link, TY

Guys, I'm looking for some UDK tutorials, best you know. Anyone?