von*ferret

Level Design Help Files

Is there a way ( a setting, a workaround) in CSGO Hammer editor to make 4way blend materials be visible from 3D Shaded Textured Polygons? currently they are visible only from 3D Textured. Thank you in advance.

I'm sorry to pollute this topic with strange questions, i have another one.

I know how to make a radar for CSGO, i know how to work with layers and channels but i just cannot figure out how to make a new type csgo radar overview using the files provided by @untor earlier in this topic.  So the question is: what are the steps? Thank you in advance.

3 hours ago, Serialmapper said:

I'm sorry to pollute this topic with strange questions, i have another one.

I know how to make a radar for CSGO, i know how to work with layers and channels but i just cannot figure out how to make a new type csgo radar overview using the files provided by @untor earlier in this topic.  So the question is: what are the steps? Thank you in advance.

I did it in Adobe Illustrator

I prepared the layers with ready-made styles and colors.
At this point, the stage of work is as follows.
1. You might made outline the silhouette of your map.
2. Then fill the areas of the map, according to the color palette. It is better to do this from the bottom to the highest level.
3. Then draw coverings and objects. Use the prepared style.
4. Then key zones are drawn, such as the place where bombs are laid, respawn, etc.
My files, for the most part a tip for the design of radar. I tried to make it as similar as possible to the original.

In CS:GO i have a simple custom water material derived from a default one, however i want that my material to be able to reflect the sun sprite from the sky as i would see in nature.  My settings for the reflection parameters are below. Is source engine capable of what i want? and if so what are the proper settings/parameters to enable that? the env_sun it's an entity but  "$reflectentities" 1 doesn't seem to work for it.

// Reflection
    $realtimereflection 1
    "$reflecttexture" "_rt_WaterReflection"
    "$reflecttint" "{ 170 170 170}"
    "$reflectentities" 1
    $reflect2dskybox 1
    "$reflectamount" "0.9"

Edited by Serialmapper

13 hours ago, Serialmapper said:

In CS:GO i have a simple custom water material derived from a default one, however i want that my material to be able to reflect the sun sprite from the sky as i would see in nature.  My settings for the reflection parameters are below. Is source engine capable of what i want? and if so what are the proper settings/parameters to enable that? the env_sun it's an entity but  "$reflectentities" 1 doesn't seem to work for it.

// Reflection
    $realtimereflection 1
    "$reflecttexture" "_rt_WaterReflection"
    "$reflecttint" "{ 170 170 170}"
    "$reflectentities" 1
    $reflect2dskybox 1
    "$reflectamount" "0.9"

I cannot tell with certainty if what you want is actually doable, but if you look at Canals, you'll see that Valve painted the sun into the 2d skybox and have a more detailed sprite in front of it. That way, the sun is somewhat reflected in the water.

On 8/3/2018 at 1:38 PM, Radix said:

It seems like CS:GO community mappers can now use the static prop combine ("autocombine") feature which is used in new official CS:GO maps (especially de_nuke) to improve performance significantly.

So we have a guide how to use this: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Static_Prop_Combine

Not as easy as I hoped, because we will need the source files of every model (*.qc etc.). But still good to know.

Did anyone manage to make use of this feature already?

I'm currently trying to make it work, but no success yet...

Same here, very frustrating. I had tried it but every time says something about a .qc path, although i respected their indications, the stub .qc, their examples from csgo\scripts\hammer\spcombinerules. checked and rechecked everything. Maybe an alternative would be to import in 3dsmax the models from that scene in the same position as in the map, join them and export them as a model.

3 hours ago, blackdog said:

Since there are some 2D tools/resources mentioned in here, I’ll drop this that has come up on my YouTube: a free alternative to Substance Designer that seems to be doing a pretty good job!

This is insanely easy. Thanks for sharing!materialize.thumb.jpg.36be8c00ba9e576b9267d086c1fc1ab7.jpg