so, any of you have 360s?

KungFuSquirrel

If so, how do you like the system? What games do you have? And what's your live tag?

I absolutely love the system so far. The new Live stuff is fantastic, and the achievements that at first seem kinda silly are such a great way to build friendly (or perhaps not-so-friendly :) ) rivalries vs. friends. Also keeps a very gamey aspect to things, which I dig.

Marketplace is cool, too; the live arcade is a neat idea. I'm already hooked on Geometry Wars and the bejewled and zuma were great starts to get my wife really into the system as well. Should be a great draw for casual gamers, especially as more stuff becomes available. Hexic shipping on the HD was also a great idea; it's a very good timekiller for those more relaxing moments. Can't wait to see more stuff show up here.

And the controller, god I love this thing. Chargeable wireless is the new hotness, and the revised form of this one is a thing of beauty. It's not a huge change from the S-controller, but is a perfect fit and a joy to play on. Transitions well to the backwards compatible games, too.

Currently I have Quake (of course), Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, and Project Gotham 3... will be adding Kong, Condemned, and DOA4 as soon as possible. I'm having more fun than I expected replaying Quake for all the achievements (which of course I can horribly exploit, but meh :P ). Quake 2 feels fucking flawless, and I don't feel bad saying that because I had no involvement with it being put on there and didn't try it until I brought the system home.

PDZ is ok, certainly not a bad game, but I find it kinda clunky and the second level with the constant fecal drum and bass drove me mad. the VO also makes me cry... Chandra is a female and more annoying Strauss, and anyone who has played Quake knows that's a hell of an achievement.

Project Gotham I didn't plan on getting, but got a free copy in a stash of stuff from microsoft at work and have had a blast playing it... now just gotta find time for some races against guys from the office. :)

Kameo is my favorite by far. Cool style and fun gameplay... the warrior forms are great. Almost would call it more of a puzzle game in a way, but as a compliment. Very well based around the progression of gaining the warrior forms and using each one throughout the course of the game. Plowing through a thousand or more trolls on horseback also is worth a few points.

My tag, if anyone cares to partake in some gaming goodness or achievement (read: e-penis) comparisons: SquirrelOKungFu

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately like millions of others, I cannot get one until after the new year. There isn't any games that I really want. Gear of War is next year and so is Oblivion.

Personally, if you look at Most Wanted for example, the graphics look great on the xbox2, but when compared to Burnout 4 on the xbox1 it still holds its own. I think the xbox2 will make games look amazing, im more interested in the gameplay and how the games will play again and again.

im more interested in the gameplay and how the games will play again and again.

Then you should save your money and buy Revolution, Xenon is great and all, but it's a mainstream console, and that means that there are not going to be any risk takers there, most of the games are done with same formula, the same safe offering for mainstream gamer.

That said, I AM goin to buy Xenon at some point, when it has had a long run when I can have atleast ten games I really really want to buy and can't have them on my PC nor Revolution. But up until then, I don't see it worth the money they are asking for it. I play games for the games sake, and much like you, I'm looking for a good gameplay experience, like Psychonauts, Civ 4, Movies, sure neat graphics are a big part of the gaming experience, but Xenon is no thrills ride on every other aspect than graphics so far.

And I really think it's bad judgement from MS side if they don't support mouse in their console just because it will make Xenon too much of a computer. PS3 most definedly is going to offer some sort of pointer device, since it has Internet browsing support - a dreadful idea for my part, yet another browser I need to make my sites compliant - and Revolution has the most innovative pointer device in the history of man.

KONG IS BAD

Why people aren't picking up on that faster is beyond me. It's split into two sections: the first person shooter, and the Kong part. The FPS is decent at best. Nothing is too hard, and most enemies can be beaten by relying on buggy design issues with the enemies interracting with the environment. It's about as much fun as Turok 2. Not bad. But not good. It's jsut meh.

The Kong section is a fucking joke. It's a point and click adventure. You move kong to a certain location, hit the action button, and he does a really shiny animation to get to the next section. Does it look amazing? Yes. It looks really bad ass to be swinging and jumping around, but it's just holding down forward until you can't move anymore, and then clicking a button. a 5 year old could beat it. The only challenge is the dinos, which can each be beaten by a specific combination of moves. Figure out the combination and you always beat taht thing.

I give the game a 9 on graphics, and a 3 on gameplay. It's mundane and apparently only consists of about 4 or 5 hours of play to beat. Seems like 360 games are too expensive to plop down that money on 5 hours of play.

is the Xbox 360 version of Quake II any different to the old PC version in terms of graphical quality and missions?

Well, it'll run in widescreen, but that's about it. Also supports up to 4-player co-op now, I think (I know co-op is there, but I'm blanking on the player limit). I think it's split-screen or system link for MP, though, and no live.

Was surprised how good it feels on the controller, too... id engines always hold up well when it comes to movement and control. :)

KONG IS BAD

Why people aren't picking up on that faster is beyond me. It's split into two sections: the first person shooter, and the Kong part. The FPS is decent at best. Nothing is too hard, and most enemies can be beaten by relying on buggy design issues with the enemies interracting with the environment. It's about as much fun as Turok 2. Not bad. But not good. It's jsut meh.

The Kong section is a fucking joke. It's a point and click adventure. You move kong to a certain location, hit the action button, and he does a really shiny animation to get to the next section. Does it look amazing? Yes. It looks really bad ass to be swinging and jumping around, but it's just holding down forward until you can't move anymore, and then clicking a button. a 5 year old could beat it. The only challenge is the dinos, which can each be beaten by a specific combination of moves. Figure out the combination and you always beat taht thing.

I give the game a 9 on graphics, and a 3 on gameplay. It's mundane and apparently only consists of about 4 or 5 hours of play to beat. Seems like 360 games are too expensive to plop down that money on 5 hours of play.

I haven't played Kong yet....now I'm thinking, why bother?