Hotmail?

Grinwhrl

Whether you use outlook or thunderbird you will still need a new email address. Gmail is good - offers lots of space, has a decent web interface, and I've yet to have any problems. You can also use it with thunberbird or outlook if you like I think, though I find the web interface perfectly powerful. If you need an invite, plenty of people around here will have them, myself included.

Yep, Gmail is great. Although most people just mention the 2.5gb+ of storage, it also has a very intuitive and helpful set of features such as automated saving of your messages while you're writing them (so if your browser crashes or needs closing it'll be fine), a really nice composition interface (thanks to ajax), a similarly nice message listing/displaying interface, and in general a very smooth piece of work. I actually prefer using the Gmail interface to local email applications.

Never having to delete anything (unless you receive a ludicrous amount of attachments) is nice, too. For added security I have a duplicate Gmail account which I set my primary one to send a complete copy of all emails to, ensuring that I've got a backup just in case the first account was to be compromised.

Conclusion? Dump Hotmail and switch to Gmail. There's even a handy Firefox extension which keeps an eye on your Gmail inbox for you.

notifierthumb.jpg

yeah i think i would like to give Gmail a try, could someone send me an invite please.

About having another email address, i know err, lol thats what isnt good but i kinda have no choice and i will have to re incert it on everything and just hope that hotmail will work again, so all the places i have emailed an gt back to me.

anyway, thanks everyone :)

Yep, Gmail is great. Although most people just mention the 2.5gb+ of storage, it also has a very intuitive and helpful set of features such as automated saving of your messages while you're writing them (so if your browser crashes or needs closing it'll be fine), a really nice composition interface (thanks to ajax), a similarly nice message listing/displaying interface, and in general a very smooth piece of work. I actually prefer using the Gmail interface to local email applications.

Never having to delete anything (unless you receive a ludicrous amount of attachments) is nice, too. For added security I have a duplicate Gmail account which I set my primary one to send a complete copy of all emails to, ensuring that I've got a backup just in case the first account was to be compromised.

Conclusion? Dump Hotmail and switch to Gmail. There's even a handy Firefox extension which keeps an eye on your Gmail inbox for you.

notifierthumb.jpg

Too bad you linked to a way outdated version.

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=173 up to date version.