Sign in to follow this  
insta

dod_salerno

Ok so I've worked on this map for some time now and here I am posting pictures of it.

salerno16jc.th.jpgsalerno29mi.th.jpgsalerno52xq.th.jpg

salerno36fd.th.jpgsalerno47au.th.jpgsalerno64mw.th.jpg

Stuff worth noting :

This is a fast compile, I haven't even finished skyboxing the map. Hopefully the shadows and lighting will come out a bit better in the public version. Once the DoD:S SDK is released, I'll compile it with HDR lighting.

featured artist material :) the first picture is absolutely stunning, and easily one of the most visualy appealing levels I've seen come out of source. Congrats :) I hope it plays well. Otherwise what everyone else says, decals. Maybe on the broken bits on the roofs mergethat with some props so the wood destruction feels less flat?

Insta, there seems to be a workaround to get HDR in custom maps already:

http://www.dayofdefeat.com/forums/showt ... adid=57458

Gonna try it with my oooooold Bounce remake :/

On topic: Woot, looks good! I think this map is defently going into the map-pool on BFE, should be a blast :>

EDIT:

Oh snap! Didn't think of the materials in DoD:Source have a channel for HDR, while the HL2 ones only have RGBA :<

Guess this only works with DoD:Source-material so far...

Will look awesome with HDR me thinks, particularly that first shot :) The cheap water somewhat detracts from the scene there, but there is little to fault otherwise. I'm inclined to agree that the wrecked sections of walls look a little too clean and could use some dirtying up with overlays or something. All in all great job though, looking forward to some new DoD:S maps to play!

sexy.

the sides of the buildings in the first screen look kind of boring, so decal that shit up. plus the ground in the pic by the well is also pretty plain, so decal that up too.