Sign in to follow this  
insta

WIP halftrack

As seen earlier in the random model thread, this is a german halftrack I'm working on for my dod:s map. I've set the polylimit to 5000. Pretty high, but the veichle will only be seen in one of the spawnzones, so it should be ok.

I'll attach some tools to the veichle, along with adding a MG42 in the "turret". I also have to do the suspension and make a crude interior (won't be very visible in-game).

halftrack28iz.jpg

i don't think you need an interior, but i guess it depends how you present it. any super detailing you do should be pretty easy to LOD away.

remember that at a spawn there's going to be a ton of player models as well.

Aye, keeping that in mind :)

Reminds more more of a combine truck than a ww2 truck, the skin should take care of this though. Regardless, it's a nice model:)

Yes, those germans were way ahead in APC technology, right up there with the Combine.

Very nice, but another vote for no interior - the windows are so small that no-one will mind an opaque glass-ish thing, even if it behaves like metal thanks to Source model limitations.