A bomb defusal map set in a graveyard with a church, mausoleums, headstones, and an underground crypt. One bomb site is the tomb one is the church. Seemed like a cool idea at the time but IDK if it will play well. Hopefully a playtest will shed some light on if this was worth the many many hours! Will upload a workshop link when steam allows me to. Just screenshots for now. Steam Workshop::Crypt (steamcommunity.com)

Edited by AstriK
added workshop link & removed outdated screenshots

Posted (edited)

Unable to add a radar because Radgen has failed me and wasted my time. At least steam finally allowed my workshop upload https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3255150883 . Extremely frustrated with this whole thing and feeling like I've wasted a ton of time making this so if you feel it has any potential whatsoever I could use some encouragement or just someone to tell me to scrap it, thank you.

Edited by AstriK

14 hours ago, gereral1 said:

I like open concept maps and yours is simple and clear. I find too many maps have too many corners and hallways and pathways. Sometimes simple is better. Looks good

Thank you for checking it out! I did manage to figure out where I was going wrong with Radgen and should have a working radar now in the updated version. Hopefully now I can get it play tested soon and see how it plays in a real match.

Posted (edited)

Working on some changes to the graveyard as well as converting the map to a night time scene with some fog to enhance the theme. Will update the workshop file when I get to a point I'm happy with but ofc this kind of scene has many visibility concerns to consider so it may take some time.

Edited by AstriK
removed out of date screenshot

Posted (edited)

Excited to announce the spooky update is finally here! After over 100 hours and lots of frustration I'm finally feeling good about where my map is going. I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone has time to check out the latest update and leave feedback. Even if you don't want to leave feedback check it out anyway! If you have only seen the original version I have done a LOT of work since then and I think you will enjoy the new look. Steam Workshop::Crypt (steamcommunity.com) Don't want to spoil too much so only one screenshot for now :)

Edited by AstriK
removed out of date screenshot

Finally scheduled a playtest for tomorrow at 14:00 eastern on the source engine discord. If anyone wants to give it a shot there or on their own time I'm very interested in feedback especially related to balance, thank you!

Thank you for your kind words @Karthoum. I'm glad you liked the theme I was going for. Unfortunately the feedback from the play test was very negative and I'm not sure if the map can be salvaged. Won't be any updates for a bit while I consider my options. Thank you to everyone that subscribed and gave it a look.

Did a major rework of basically every area in preparation for the faceit hub testing beginning on July 12th. Changes are live on workshop. If you have any feedback before, during, or after the testing you can leave it here and I will read it. Thank you.

sorry to hear the feedback was mostly negative. :( i just did a run through and i really like the atmosphere! one thing i noticed is both bombsites are essentially the same, as far as planting goes, players are going to run in and plant behind the rectangular cover you've given on both sites. some variation in the bombsites can go a long way. i like to think of inferno, how A gives players a bunch of crates for cover to plant vs B where players only have a central fountain. i like your map a lot, it has a 1.6 nostalgic feeling.

17 minutes ago, thewaterisfine said:

sorry to hear the feedback was mostly negative. :( i just did a run through and i really like the atmosphere! one thing i noticed is both bombsites are essentially the same, as far as planting goes, players are going to run in and plant behind the rectangular cover you've given on both sites. some variation in the bombsites can go a long way. i like to think of inferno, how A gives players a bunch of crates for cover to plant vs B where players only have a central fountain. i like your map a lot, it has a 1.6 nostalgic feeling.

Thanks for checking it out and leaving some feedback :) I think you make a good point about the bombsites being very similar. I will try to come up with some ideas on how make them more distinct.