Workshop Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3279270098

Working on a map that takes place in a french village during their annual cherry festival. My idea is that since carmine is a pigment that can be naturally extracted from bugs, the terrorists are attacking the festival for symbolic significance and in an attempt to send a message and disrupt the regions new lab created alternatives.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.ca47b7dba51a50b010a71b3bd23fa967.jpeg

Layout wise i'm attempting to create one bombsite that takes place at the festival and another inside the castle overlooking the village. My primary goal is to create a layout that's fun to play and then figure out how to add art with no 3D modeling or texturing experience later. This is my first map ever and probably overly ambitious but i want to use the competition as motivation to actually make and finish a map. There's not too much to show, currently I only started CT spawn. Anyways, good luck to everyone!

Spoiler

image.jpeg.27171217d396ffc9c0dbe7514715ef41.jpeg

Edited by thewaterisfine
including workshop link

Posted (edited)

Finally got around to "finishing" the map. T spawn is the most completed area, the closer you get to CT the more rushed and incomplete it is. However, it's playable! Spending the next few days visually upgrading areas, adding playerclip, and adding more to the map overall.

T Spawn

Spoiler

1.jpg.9be89ee6af0acc9c08a50a1bbe31206a.jpg

Some planned changes...
- B bombsite will eventually have a third entrance overlooking the site
- Mid will have a building CT's can enter to safely peek
- The long run from CT straight to B castle is going to change

Next week I should have these changes implemented and the map will be in a state i'm actually happy with rather than rushed in order to meet the faceit playtest deadline.
Here's the workshop link if anyone wants to check it out in its current state: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3279270098

Edited by thewaterisfine

Posted (edited)

Ended up getting some visual stuff added into the map and made some upgrades to the A bombsite.
Still some work to do but hoping to finish up some big B site changes and add a connection from mid to B. Local grid is kinda kicking my ass rn.

The river finally has water...

Spoiler

v1_2x.jpg.234e0549cd6d03fee8a4d0ed259bde63.jpg

A site stage isn't just a cube anymore

Spoiler

v1_3jpg.jpg.e48c24a46d8a531eaeacda384b5f87ba.jpg

is the stage too big for whats supposed to be a small festival in france? maybe lol.

Edited by thewaterisfine