PSP!!!

Mazy

Woohoo, my Japanese PSP arrived today, and thankfully it has v1.5 firmware! Spiderman 2 (game) came with it and while its nothing special, its better than nothing I guess. I also have Metal Gear Acid, which from my uber short playing time (about 95% of which was intro stuff and the rest a short tutorial) seems pretty rocking. Looks awesome visually and I do enjoy a bit of turn based strategy, while the random card system and hunting down all 200 of them should provide plenty of replayability. If they bring me a portable Front Mission, even a port or collection of the earlier ones, I'd be uber happy :) Lumines rounds off my collection thus far, but it still hasn't arrived :(

I'm a big racing game fan so the PSP wins out by a mile for me...even if I haven't actually bought a racing game for it yet :D The problem is I can't decide which! Wipeout, Ridge Racer, TOCA, and Burnout Legends are all looking awesome, but I simply can't buy them all! Plus I love FFVII far more than I should, so the fact Crisis Core (whatever it is) is coming out in the PSP is another clincher :) DS does have some interesting looking games on it, but there is far more that interests me that is out or coming out on the PSP. Plus mp3/video/homebrew support - uber :) I'm thinking of doing a bit of dev for it myself actually.

I'm a big racing game fan so the PSP wins out by a mile for me...even if I haven't actually bought a racing game for it yet :D The problem is I can't decide which!

RidgeRacerRidgeRacerRidgeRacerRidgeRacer

If you have any sense. ;)

I do love a bit of Ridge Racer, but the series peaked at the awesome 4 and then both 5 and R:Racing just let me down. I KNOW this new one is amazing as there doesn't seem to be anyone who thinks otherwise, but I can't help but feel a little disillusioned. I'll definately end up getting both it and wipeout, and most likely Burnout Legends as well, but its which one to invest in first that has me stuck. I'll probably check out what they have in duty free when I'm off on my holidays and maybe pick one up then :)

Got myself a grip / battery thing that makes the PSP much more comfortable to hold and play, and apparently about doubles the battery life. Its a very handy thing to have, and considering it was under £10 its a real bargain. Not sure how much battery life it REALLY adds yet (only tested to see it works), and probably not the amount it advertises given the low price, but I'm happy enough with it purely from a grip point of view. I thoroughly recommend it to anybody

Got a snes emulator on my PSP now, so I really did get my portable Front Mission :) Runs a bit slowly unfortunately, which spoils some games a lot, but front mission works well enough since speed isn't really essential. Never played the early games so that alone has made me happy :) Going to the toilet has never been so much fun!

Still no lumines though, which completely sucks as I'm going on holiday early morning on monday so won't have it with me :(