KIIIA

The random model thread!

I guess this is the most appropriate thread for this stuff. I've been doing some stuff where I generate 3d art/animation via computer algorithm and then I add some music. Basically a demo if you are familiar with those things.

Here's a few :

Edited by AlexM

here's to my third annual tradition of trying to learn blender

well, first time I tried it I just gave up after like 15 minutes because holy shit the viewport control is awful for newcomers & wow it's impossible to do anything without remembering 13 hotkeys

Second time I made what could loosely be described as a horse ( following this tutorial ) and this time I聽actually used that same tutorial again, kept at it for a few days and I'd say I'm pretty comfortable with the controls now

25935.205000001588_6e.png.d01f33fca6a9a1fbb2b0db880779bb85.png

Quite happy with how it's turned out, guess I'll try to figure out UV unwrapping next

11 hours ago, ThunderKeil said:

well, first time I tried it I just gave up after like 15 minutes because holy shit the viewport control is awful for newcomers & wow it's impossible to do anything without remembering 13 hotkeys

Reading this feels odd to me since it's the exact same reaction I had going from blender to 3ds max :D. Imo blender is the most intuitive software to use as far as navigating the viewport goes, especially if you use the (Shift + F) mode to fly around the 3d space. It may just be because I've used it for much longer than any other 3d software. Anyways, it's a matter of personal preference. I find myself switching from one software to another if I don't like how they do a certain thing.

Here's the first fully textured car I've made (at least one that's good enough for me to remember)

A7Se6fT.png

Edited by NikiOo

I know that for you guys this is nothing, but for me as a beginner in 3dsmax it is something.聽聽Trying to renovate one of my older maps (de_island) i have聽learned how to make聽my first complex unwrap. Basically i made an arch using the same texture as the wall one as you can see in the picture.

wHMAsCr.jpg

x1b8177.png

Edited by Serialmapper

i've been working on modeling a Volkswagen Combi T1

The plan isn't to make it a 3D model for a game engine or something like that, it's a model to 3D print.

The challenge isn't much on the polycount or any sort of material, it's to make sure that each piece can be printed, is solid enough, can be assembled with the right tolerances ...

JsLFSIW.png

dzf0b7J.png

It's a project I started with some friends before Covid but stopped a year ago, i'm going back on聽it to finish it.
It's a miniature RC car (about 30cm long), controllable with a Xbox One gamepad.

The goal is to make it fully open source. I haven't applied my modifiers on Blender and I hope to finish the project like that,聽to allow anyone interested to modify it with ease.

:hurg:

Edited by leplubodeslapin