KIIIA

The random model thread!

1 hour ago, Interfearance said:

Rip I always applied modifier. Why is editable poly a thing? What is the benefit of having primitives start as uneditable.

It's part of the workflow max has, most, if not all of modifiers are non-destructible so that you can always come back to tweaking the starting values of that primitive where you started off.

Though there are very few cases while modeling where you need to do that but it becomes much more handy when doing scenes with lots of repeatable stuff.

Edited by WD

5 hours ago, WD said:

It's part of the workflow max has, most, if not all of modifiers are non-destructible so that you can always come back to tweaking the starting values of that primitive where you started off.

Though there are very few cases while modeling where you need to do that but it becomes much more handy when doing scenes with lots of repeatable stuff.

I thought it was so hilarious that it was a modifier that I didn't bother to look for other ways to do it. There seems to always be one extra step in 3ds max but I was wrong this time :sad:. How has blender been for you VS max? I don't really use any crazy workflows or features, I just use vanilla addons to make a model here and there.

Posting this for now (as it is the random model thread), alil after-work doodle from today (far from finished and may have more to show if i get the time to work on it later) but this is another concept by the awsome Munkhjin Otgonbayar.. and i would also like to mention if any 3d or aspiring 3d artist havent seen his work you sould definitely check his artstation out and study his work, love his stuff & im sure many that havent seen... will also...

Scifi_knuckles_hp.jpg

and no this isnt suppose to be some-kind of artifact.... its a knuckle duster

Edited by +Rusty+