KIIIA

The random model thread!

ok. that makes sense. thanks again for sharing.

How many polys does that crossbow have by the way?

​i havent made the lowpoly yet. the amount of polygons in the hipoly could be literally anything, it doesnt matter 

b48cf69c60.png

Made a barrel just now 

@kanine01 

What does the 1024^2 A/M/R/N mean in your barrel model picture? The model is awesome looking btw :) I'm just curious.
Also, why is 1024 to the power of 2? Does that mean the texture is power of the compliant? Surely it doesn't mean 3,5249714121083826571348148398003e+3082 :D

Edited by gfx0
removed bolded text because derp

@gfx0 Thanks. 1024 to the power of two means it's a 1024x1024 texture, other power of two textures could be 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512 and so on and so on. I'm not sure but I think A/M/R/N are probably the maps he has rendered for his model.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zuBMVo2.jpg

MUH7q9l.jpg

Edited by Vorontsov

Looks awesome, is an amount of polygons like that for a bike okay in source? Just asking since Valve seems to half-ass models a lot and skip out on detail, unless they're keeping it really low poly on purpose