KIIIA

The random model thread!

Hey men ! 

There's a small wall border at the bottom on the left photo. Are going to add it ? (eagle eye type stuff right here).

Definitely. I'm also going to fix the other 5 massive ugly issues in that image such as the light bleed on top, the dark spot on the bottom and the shadow softness issues. 

...When I get back from Japan ;)

Hey men ! 

There's a small wall border at the bottom on the left photo. Are going to add it ? (eagle eye type stuff right here).

Definitely. I'm also going to fix the other 5 massive ugly issues in that image such as the light bleed on top, the dark spot on the bottom and the shadow softness issues. 

...When I get back from Japan ;)

​Youuu lucky B... 

really nice to see your workflow.

kind of a noob question, I guess: are you cleaning up the different parts in a later step (like deleting the backfaces of those nuts :XD:)​?

really nice to see your workflow.

kind of a noob question, I guess: are you cleaning up the different parts in a later step (like deleting the backfaces of those nuts :XD:)​?

​could you say at what minute/sec specifically? 

​could you say at what minute/sec specifically?

​Sure. For example those nuts that you add in 14:00. Wouldn't you delete the faces that are touching the weapon (or whatever) to reduce the polycount?

Another example may be that bracket that you start building at 13:45. As far as I can tell it has faces on it's underside that could savely be deleted, right?

I'm just curious.

It appears I raped my computer when trying to export my model into a .dmx, I figured I might have gone too far into detailing, how much details should one do for a model? My .blend file is weighing 10mo btw...

​Sure. For example those nuts that you add in 14:00. Wouldn't you delete the faces that are touching the weapon (or whatever) to reduce the polycount?

Another example may be that bracket that you start building at 13:45. As far as I can tell it has faces on it's underside that could savely be deleted, right?

I'm just curious.

​It's the hipoly model that's going to be baked down to the low poly, polygons aren't a thing to worry about at this point.