KIIIA

The random model thread!

post-31849-0-66638800-1418518006_thumb.p

post-31849-0-41544100-1418518007_thumb.p

post-31849-0-03057100-1418518008_thumb.p

post-31849-0-67642100-1418518008_thumb.p

Currently studying Game Design at Stokholm University and this is a 3D model i made for a Game Prototyping course. 

Sculpted and modeled in Mudbox & Maya
Textured and rendered in Quixel Suite.

I'm working on a Walther Model SLD Flare Pistol. It's hovering around 4.6k tris at the moment.  
RLxyMLJ.png
k3GSRwT.jpg
UA08Q7P.jpg

Any suggestions on how I can push the material some more??

I would probably try to make the spec/roughness a little bit more varied. You did try to do this with the very light scratches... but I'd go a little further and apply some kind of dirt map that would make some areas shinier and rougher. 

bb363e3f08.png
1a1a5fd3de.png

Just finished this Winchester Model 1876 model that I’ve been working on. 

How much time do you spend on a model like this from start to finish?

Edited by esspho

Just finished this Winchester Model 1876 model that I’ve been working on. 

How much time do you spend on a model like this from start to finish?

That's a hard question to answer. The thing is that I'm constantly juggling multiple projects, and I tend to procrastinate. This specific model was worked on really sporadically, but I worked on and finished the high poly model around a month ago. That phase was done in about 1 night. I was working on other stuff for about 3 weeks until I did the low poly and uv maps in about two nights. After that I spent about two hours messing about with the base values for the materials and about two more hours trying to get the wood to look good. I spent like a week working on and off pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to achieve the metal effect, until I realized I could literally just rip pieces from reference photos and place them on the albedo. Once I figured out how simple the process was it took me like an hour to just place the cutout effects and stitch them together to get rid of seaming. I would say that if I did it all in one go and knew before how to achieve the metal effects, I would've only taken like 3 or 4 days.