KIIIA

The random model thread!

I'd been abroad for a couple of months and now I'm trying to get back in some 'game art'. So I'm just modelling random stuff :):

W84aW.jpg

VAIKd.jpg

B98i4.jpg

Wasnt much todo and i love kind of the hill so i made this:

fG1ii.jpg

the lights on the arrow have an animated texture that lights up from bottom to top!

Depending on the position of your model in your environment, change the seam position so it is not as noticeable as it is right now. Texture could use some love too

Working on a shadow of colossus type game.

I'm currently making the first colossus :

rnEkc.jpg4wQaz.jpg

7iQdR.jpg6j1b3.jpg

It's my first "true" zBrush work ! :v

That's a fucking awesome looking model, but it's face looks like a certain part of the female anatomy.

We had to make a sickle for our engineering class. I decided to add a bit sci-fy and Tron.

sirp_01.jpg

Designed in Solidworks.

I hardly have time to make any proper art these days :(

*Edit*

The lecturer (he an engineer, teaching us to use Solidworks) was baffeled by the design so i had to write an instruction manula for it, also did this picture to demonstrate the "working" position:

sicle_work_pos_no1.jpg

i made a texture for a suzuki carry kei truck i finished a while ago.

i forgot about logos and text when i unwrapped it and had the whole texture flipped down the middle. i was going to do those with decals, but is it better to put those in a separate texture or in the same one with an alpha channel just for those parts?

Bm0Ol.jpg

make a plane, use some spare room on your texture (or use a second texture if necessary), put the plane as close as possible to the geometry and use alpha channel if necessary. should do the trick.

you can also just mirror everything except the part where you want your logo. Put the logo with thesame uvs on a different part of your sheet. kindoff like this example:

http://pioroberson.com/modelpages/spellborn_dog.jpg

look at how the dog with spots has mirrored uv's, except for the eyes =)

i made a texture for a suzuki carry kei truck i finished a while ago.

i forgot about logos and text when i unwrapped it and had the whole texture flipped down the middle. i was going to do those with decals, but is it better to put those in a separate texture or in the same one with an alpha channel just for those parts?

Bm0Ol.jpg

Thta metal looks like concrete, I'd say to remove all the subtle noise and have a pretty clean surface instead. Car paint doesn't age like that :oops:

If you want grime add it only where it would build up in real life (corners, concave areas, etc)

Hey, guys! Need some pointers... Trying to make a rock model in Mudbox but I'm never really happy with the result. Can someone point me in the right direction for creating them? In terms of brushes, settings etc. Thanks! Here's what I got so far.

rocke.jpg