Jump to content
KIIIA

The random model thread!

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone

Lizard statue i,ve been working on in my free time.

Lizard was sculped some time ago, and this week i've posed it and made low poly version.

UDK renders:

lizard01.jpg

lizard02.jpg

lizard03.jpg

lizard04.jpg

Export docs from zBrusha:

50632945.jpg

92756935.jpg

44075606.jpg

wireframe:

lizardwire.jpg

diffuse ia basicly two textures of stone overlayed + AO + cavity + Y channel from normalmap

sorry for my poor language :)

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7Hgh7.jpg

The base step is done, time to add some details and effects ! :D

'Took me some time to fix all the baking problems.

The "mask" is not done at all, just a quick polypaint baked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a 3 day panic job I did for an assignment in school. We had to come up with a motive ourselves, and I couldn't think of anything until 3 days ago, so I had to rush it (being a Maya beginner, these things take time for me). I'm pretty pleased with result despite everything being fairly low detail. Rendered with Mental Ray, retouched with Photoshop.

(It's a hotel hallway for those who can't tell!). Again I'm still learning so don't be too hard on me. But I would say (and hope) it's better than the barrel I showed last time!

hotelhallwayf.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not too shabby, but some thoughts that came into my head:

The bump maps are generally too big, and strong, especially noticable on the walls. Almost the same on the floor and a bit on the ceiling.

Also the floor would really benefit from a specular map.

Some more glow to the light sources, at first I didn't realise where the light was goming from(also I see shadows under them). Lightig would do with a bit of tinkering.

Do the plants have pots?

Less specular on the rug(also is there an intended crease in the foreground? If so then good thinking, would like to seee it spread across the scene, but i guess it comes down to the lack of time ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not too shabby, but some thoughts that came into my head:

The bump maps are generally too big, and strong, especially noticable on the walls. Almost the same on the floor and a bit on the ceiling.

Also the floor would really benefit from a specular map.

Some more glow to the light sources, at first I didn't realise where the light was goming from(also I see shadows under them). Lightig would do with a bit of tinkering.

Do the plants have pots?

Less specular on the rug(also is there an intended crease in the foreground? If so then good thinking, would like to seee it spread across the scene, but i guess it comes down to the lack of time ).

- I agree, the bump maps turned out too strong, but it had to do. Took 3-4 hours to render and the assignment was due this morning.

- The floor does have a spec map, but generally wood doesn't show that much specular highlights in such a poorly lit room. But yeah you are right, some more specularity would look nice.

- I absolutely agree on this one, it's solely down to my lack of skill. I struggled at lot with getting the right glow off the lamps but ended up failing.

- The plants do not have pots lol, just a lack of time thing.

- Yeah it's an intended crease. I did have several but for some reason they screwed up the textures so I removed them and just used one. Probably could've solved it if I put some more time into it.

Thanks you so much for great feedback man! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sjFDD.jpg

I started to do some animations, not an easy task ! :o

By the way, you can see now the size of this colossus, the player is the little dot on the blank floor.

I need now to do some programming stuff for climbing the colossus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooo Bunglo, looking at the reference you've posted, this is the same mesh (different chunks removed tho) and the damage faces got some damage texture applied to it ?

Basically, I've created three modules so far within max. I have max's grid and snap system setup to match that of CE3's so I know that as long as my ending verts are on a grid line, it'll snap with the other meshes in the editor. You can see in the screen below what I mean.

Wnvxr.jpg

When it comes time to create the damaged modules, I'll simply cut out areas of the existing modules, bridge the edges to close the open holes, and change the material ids of the newly created faces to the id that corresponds with the damaged texture.

IGo5p.jpg

I can place the removed chunks on the ground as well so the damaged pieces match up with the damaged arches.

MudUi.jpg

Simple.

On the archs front faces, you should take the verts and weld them to the corners. You'll save some polies like that.

B_Arch01_Frame2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...