KIIIA

The random model thread!

I repost it in case you would need it :), this script changed my life ! well my 3d life ...

I also found this super awesome script for MAX on polycount that realign the normals of your lowpoly to help you have more clean normal maps :

cleannormals.jpg

GetVertNormalsFromFace by Enrico 'SyncViewS' Gullotti is a 3ds Max MAXScript tool that aligns all the vertex normals for the selected faces so they point perpendicular to their polygons. In other words, the same direction as the face normal would be facing. This is similar to the mig Normal Tools option "Fillet Outside".

Once installed the script will be under the category Normal Tools, named Get Vert Normals from Faces. It works on Editable Poly objects only, and that must be the active modifier in the modifier stack. If an Edit Normals Modifier is not present, the script will add one right above Editable Poly. It should not mess with Smoothing Groups at all.

Go into Face sub-object level, make a face selection and run the script. Every time a normal is modified by the script, it is made Explicit to retain the modifications. At the end the script will switch back to the base Editable Poly modifier and re-enter Face sub-object level (even if other modifiers are present in the stack). If you want to revert back to the original default normals, add an Edit Normals Modifier and reset the normals.

http://wiki.polycount.com/VertexNormal? ... ace_0_2.ms GetVertNormalsFromFace_0_2.ms

Works well for baking, at least; because not all engines allow customized normals; but UDK do :)

Hahahah guys cool down ;-) i'm doing this by hand

what i do: i export my lowest subd level mesh and in maya i retopo it, i don't like 3d coat much tried it at work but i had to clean the mesh by hand a lot so i prefer my way

kokos great lookong script any chance for smth like that for maya?

I repost it in case you would need it :), this script changed my life ! well my 3d life ...

I also found this super awesome script for MAX on polycount that realign the normals of your lowpoly to help you have more clean normal maps :

cleannormals.jpg

GetVertNormalsFromFace by Enrico 'SyncViewS' Gullotti is a 3ds Max MAXScript tool that aligns all the vertex normals for the selected faces so they point perpendicular to their polygons. In other words, the same direction as the face normal would be facing. This is similar to the mig Normal Tools option "Fillet Outside".

Once installed the script will be under the category Normal Tools, named Get Vert Normals from Faces. It works on Editable Poly objects only, and that must be the active modifier in the modifier stack. If an Edit Normals Modifier is not present, the script will add one right above Editable Poly. It should not mess with Smoothing Groups at all.

Go into Face sub-object level, make a face selection and run the script. Every time a normal is modified by the script, it is made Explicit to retain the modifications. At the end the script will switch back to the base Editable Poly modifier and re-enter Face sub-object level (even if other modifiers are present in the stack). If you want to revert back to the original default normals, add an Edit Normals Modifier and reset the normals.

http://wiki.polycount.com/VertexNormal? ... ace_0_2.ms GetVertNormalsFromFace_0_2.ms

Works well for baking, at least; because not all engines allow customized normals; but UDK do :)

http://migugi.net/mel/normalTools/

Maya version of that tool for all the cooler people.

arrhgrhgrhhrgggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllrrrrrrrrrrllllrrrrrrrrrrrrllll :ubermad::ubermad::ubermad::ubermad:

I don't know if something like that exist for maya dude :)

-select the faces you want flat

-in the polygons menu -> normals/set to face

-set edges to smooth

-$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I use this all the time, not only for baking, great to make environment stuff with tiling textures look as if it's baked :)

btestm.jpg

Just started up 3DS Max 2010. First creation after i figured out how to extrude (i used to play with milkshape 3d). Now i gotta figure out how to unwrap uvw and texture the barrells? Am i right? Someone, tell me what to do!? :o

Just started up 3DS Max 2010. First creation after i figured out how to extrude (i used to play with milkshape 3d). Now i gotta figure out how to unwrap uvw and texture the barrells? Am i right? Someone, tell me what to do!? :o

Be yourself.