The random model thread!

KIIIA

As i said, here is some shit i've been working till today, hope you can say word or two :) (i will take those links down in a lil while)

1024 on all textures n/d/s

looks like clay, but it's obviously stone?

the scratches look very zbrushy - try adding some chips and more stoney surface detail on the next model you do like this. it helps to get some material references so you can get the correct details into the high poly from the very start.

One word: FuckingAmazing! :P

I had that concept laying around on my "I wish I had time to do this" folder; and you definitely nailed the proportions and the modeling. Awesome how you're getting into Environment art now dude.

I am very curious how you tackled the modularity and the UV re-usage of these pieces, mind writing a line or two about it?

PS. Don't use F3 to show wireframes in CE3, type in the console "r_showlines 2", much better.

PS2, create your own thread for this scene!

I blocked out the whole thing in 3dsmax first with simple shapes and tried to squeeze everything into dimensions that make the pieces easily combinable with each other. Hence the proportions are not exactly as in the concept (which is very distorded anyway).

That worked out quite good however i had to cheat a little with extra units that i decided to do later on. Like the ceiling and floor on the front. They arn't on the concept and i hadn't planned for them initialy. So next time i will plan even more carefull when i work on a scene like that.

I only reused UV space moderately. My main goal with this scene was to improve my subd modeling, normal baking and texturing. It's not comparable with Mino's Zest foundation or the way Bioware does their ME environments. However there are a couple units that reuse textures of other units. For example there are two versions of the rounded supports, three different ceilings and three floor units that share the same textures. Most props also have some mirroring in them to save texture space. Shouldn't be too hard to get away with it since it's a pretty clean environment.