KIIIA

The random model thread!

Mine cart I did for the 'Old and Damaged' Eat3d contest. Really my first attempt at metal so there's a lot of room for improvement. Racer445's tutorials are super helpful for hard surface texturing :)

beautyshot_final_c.png

Mind sharing the texture sheets and the HP model, as rough as they look? Would love to have a look at them.

it looks like a great model man, you should be proud! Keep up!

Thanks HP :)

Texture sheet and some sculpt screens:

finaltexturesheet.jpg

sculpt_01.jpg

sculpt_02.jpg

I wanted the sculpt to give the appearance that rust was eating away at the main hull of the cart but it turned out looking more like stone. I also had various chips/indents on the edges but removed them while getting rid of some sculpting I didn't like. It was my intention to bring them back into the sculpt but I figured they would get lost when all of the textures were on the model.

My specular could use some (a lot) of work as well. I bookmarked that 'Specular Study' link you posted elsewhere for later reference, HP.

All that being said, I learned a lot (mainly what not to do) for my next metal/hard surface project from the contest.

Now that the competition's done, I wanted to work on my sub-d modeling by using the polycount workshop#4. I know, every one's moved on from that but it seemed like a good challenge for my self (and it is, this thing is ridiculous to get right.)

Still the early stages of it, mainly working on the stock as that's the hardest part:

workshop.jpg

Hey, guys.

I've been creating these with the help of tutorials, since I'm very new to modeling. Figured knowing your way around the tools is good if you want to get into the industry. So... I followed Chris and Ben Tate's tutorials for these (except that glass, no tutorial for that lol).

I always tried to stay one step ahead to see how much I've learned from previous tutorials, and to learn the workflow better. Generally things went pretty good, feels like I'm finally getting somewhere. Renders are crap, I know, I haven't spent any time learning how to make cool renders.

Again, can't really pass these off as mine (except the glass), but yeah... Just wanted to show something.

firehose.jpg

roofhatch.jpg

glass.jpg

Thanks HP :)

Texture sheet and some sculpt screens:

finaltexturesheet.jpg

Nice, but a 2k texture for a prop like that is nuts ;) Unless its for CG

8 x too large ;P

Would be 2 or 3 512's in a game at the most :)

Not really a Wip, but i'm started a new project : i want to modelize a character I draw and I want to give it a "pixar" touch !

The point is I don't know how to proceed, here is the picture :

loup-farwest-copie-1.jpg

If you have an idea of treatment for the head I'll be gratefull :embarrassed:

Been trying to do some more modeling (I still suck, though! Haha). I dunno what this is, some kind of shrine maybe? Anyway, I'm far from done with it. Played around with the pillars last night and got, in my opinion anyway, some better results. But I only got the time to render this one.

Speaking of renders, do you guys have any good rendering techniques? As you can see, my picture is all blurry when you zoom... :(

fountainwip7.jpg