KIIIA

The random model thread!

With those 2 props, crate and barrel if i wasn't to read it had some sort of HP work behind it i wouldn't be able to tell.

I think with this kind of props you don't really have to go through such a process to get results like this tbh.

(unless You could post another render with different lighting to show the normal maps more)

Nice work nonetheless.

I only sculpted one or two planks to give them a bit of edge wear, then duplicated them for the rest of the mesh. Really didn't take too long, and it is noticable when the normal map is turned off that the mesh is very simple (like below 100 tris for the box!)

":2nwdq3aa]Ah you followed the eat3d tut! :) Cool stuff

Yep, learned so much from their DVDs. I just ordered the UDK inro and UDK lighting DVDs the other day, all of their tutorials have been worth the $$$ so far :cool:

Thanks Gloglebag! I recommend getting both the high and low poly vids if you haven't already. Riki goes over everything from start to finish (except for texture, the Next-Gen Texturing DVD is perfect for that though.)

Yep, Eat3D are the BEST tutorials I have ever seen! Also have a look at the free section tutorials, they also have some good ones.

At the moment, I'm following the Zbrush tut, and It's really good. It's not like Gnomon tutorials where they take themselves too seriously. It's like their teaching 3D to a fucking politician or whatever. Eat3d tuts on the other hands are relaxed, and perfect pacing.

The fountain is also a very good tut to go through, it covers very important aspects of 3d art. I wish they would do a modular environment art tutorial covering all aspects from start to finish to get an environment done. (Modularity, instancing, texture reusing, smart usage of UV's and tilling, etc) I guess this is starting to be the less documented topic in our area, and every artist has his workflow.

Wow Em' impressive § :banjo:

Bump ! My finished texture and model, here rendered in marmoset toolbag

Nice work Em. Did you tweak the lower eyelid after we spoke on IM? Looks more prominent now. I'd also suggest adding a bit of upper eyelid following the contour of the eye, clearly distinguishable from the eye socket. This would make his face look more relaxed and natural instead of eyes wide open. Other than that it looks great.

Those tires need some blood and it will be epic.

Then put it in L4D and replace all zombies with Hello Kitties

nice Em'! It looks like the head & torso might be a little bit small compared to the legs and arms. Might just be me though!!