KIIIA

The random model thread!

Yeah, mix in some orange-ish, red-ish and brown-ish tones - it'll look bad ass ;O

I agree, it's a bite to plane imho :-D

Anywho, I modeled another prop for the chair I did yesterday :v

It's a frikkin lamp! still gotta finish it off though..

I'm planning on doing a whole set, with a table, tv and moar .

65095720.jpg

I made a little vehicle from a small modeling contest on a french mapping board.

e91aeafaf9336d28c42eb4e63dd03tt.jpg

High res render:here

And, I also made a little turnaround video, watchable on youtube in hd (well, the quality is still not really good on youtube :( ) here:

Original concept by Alain Brechbuhl : http://uppix.net/5/1/8/5419ef79a85b4341 ... 4cf837.jpg

Looks good, I really like the design. I think you could have shaved off a lot more triangles from the rear tires, they seem ridiculously high. And then with those saved triangles you could have included some of the textured detail in the actual mesh, like the rear windows.

The vehicle looks cool but I think the texture work could use a lot more love. At the moment it's very monotone and uniform in terms of details and colors, and nothing really stands out at all. Try take more inspiration from the reference image you posted and add some larger patchier details and try to separate the different elements of the model by having the texture defining them better, and also try to bring in more color. Also, don't be afraid to add opaque details that covers the surface beneath it, so you don't just overlay all the details like water color. You should also try to add more info in the normal map, like bevels and general shading of the model, because right now you can't really tell at all that it's using a 2k normal map.

Like Jenn0_Bing said you should have another look at the poly distribution. When using 5500 tris you don't expect to see parts that look extremely lowpoly, like the front light. All shapes that you can see in the silhouette needs extra attention (and polys) to maintain a detailed look, while parts that you can only see from certain angles or against other surfaces of the model needs far less polys.

Cool progress so far. Keep it up!

I made a little vehicle from a small modeling contest on a french mapping board.

e91aeafaf9336d28c42eb4e63dd03tt.jpg

High res render:here

And, I also made a little turnaround video, watchable on youtube in hd (well, the quality is still not really good on youtube :( ) here:

Original concept by Alain Brechbuhl : http://uppix.net/5/1/8/5419ef79a85b4341 ... 4cf837.jpg

somehow this vehicle reminds me JP Jeunet movies. this means I like it alot!

Maybe the music in the video helps ? (From Yann Tiersenn, he made every musics from Amelie)

But yeah, the same for me.. It reminded me JP Jeunet, and a bit Miyazaki.

Thank you for your comments and tips Pomperi, I will think about them !