The random model thread!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IT WORKS! Sorta....I might make the scoreboard work, but it seems like a nightmare that can easily sink a lot of time into and get me no where...  

Now, that I have more time again for personal projects I want to pick up some new stuff. First on my list is Substance Painter, and it's been really awesome so far. So I decided to rebake an old piec

Work in progress for cs_apollo

Posted Images

wow nice u-boat!. :D

Im working on the abandoned sport-center for my poe² chernobyl map. have to texture it now. would like to include more details like lamps and pipes. we will see. bf2 is no hl2. hehe

pool_wip.jpg

i decided to do a CG-Version of the pool area itself with lots of more details and funky GI. ;)

03.jpg

Tried something completely different tonight. It's been a while since i did some real low poly stuff and i wanted to play around with giger's style. Although it's way too yellow (and/or way too saturated alltogether) for giger i like it better this way. About 500 poly's & 256*256 texture.

Hello lads, first time posting in this here thread. Here is my first model, its a Beretta 9000 I'm creating using a video tutorial. I'm a noob to modeling really so any crits would be very well appriciated. Its about 80% finished in the modeling department.

gun3td9.jpg

One thing I would like help on though is this;

gun2uh2.jpg

Why do the polygons that are all nice and flat there, turn into the next picture upon rendering?

gun1hc7.jpg

Thanks.

Nothing to do with having ten sides, that's quite acceptable (they're called N-Gons for a reason :)) it's because the surface probably isn't completely flat so when it triangulates it it goes to hell. Select the face/poly and then under "Edit Geometry" in Edit Poly, there should be

"Make planar" then "X" "Y" "Z". One of those (depends what direction you made the gun face) will flatten the verticies around the face so it won't triangulate wierd - look in the front view to see if it's flattening right.

Nothing to do with having ten sides, that's quite acceptable (they're called N-Gons for a reason :)) it's because the surface probably isn't completely flat so when it triangulates it it goes to hell. Select the face/poly and then under "Edit Geometry" in Edit Poly, there should be

"Make planar" then "X" "Y" "Z". One of those (depends what direction you made the gun face) will flatten the verticies around the face so it won't triangulate wierd - look in the front view to see if it's flattening right.

exactly.

• Radu unpinned this topic
  • Radu pinned this topic