KIIIA

The random model thread!

Looks good :)

What's the poly count on it and what do you plan using it for?

I'm not much of a modeler so the only suggestion I could make would maybe to add the slat/cage armor? But looking at your current poly-count it would probably make it skyrocket, so maybe not.

meant to have 2500 polies with entire body and two of the wheels. I think everything altogether is something like 3350 or round about. I thought about the cage but I'm gonna pass on it for now.

It's gonna be for personal use or if anyone else wants to use it.

i think you invested way too many polies in the small tiny cylinder objects instead saving some of them and put these in the large cylindrical objects. beacuse on the small ones you cant really tell how many segements they got, since you can't get too close to it, but for the larger parts you can clearly see the edges, which doesnt't look right, imo.

yeh i think you repeatedly have some issues with polygon distribution on your lowpoly models :/

but you always have a nice excuse, so maybe this is yet just another useless posting of mine ;)

Stolve, you should decrease the roundness of the 3 smallest axles 6 sides is enough.. and the one that conencts to the ceiling, have it stop in the square model, and delete the caps of the cylinder. And with the detailed gained from this you should make the holder around the big lamp the same segment of roundness as the lamp. You lose too much In those small parts imHo.

*edit*

lol, just read Acumen's reply, so yea, what he said.

is it for source engine? if yes i'd redo with 10x polygons. 10.000 polygons for tanks, flak and stuff is not that much!

polygons look well placed anyway!

Here you go Sa74n:

flak36r03a.jpg

flak36r03b.jpg

And hessi, it wasn't for any specific engine. It was simply for practice. I wanted to see how well I could complete a complex model with as few polygons as possible, and I felt I completed that task. Thanks for the kind comments!