KIIIA

The random model thread!

5,548 posts in this topic

I'd love to if it weren't for the wretched smoothing grouping in maya :)

no such thing heheh... hard and smooth edges, tbh it's so much easier to work this way imo.

never answered my question, how do you like maya?

Render1.jpg

A gun i've been going back and forth on. Nothing special, just thought of it one night. I still need to work on extruding faces and such.

Nice start. Is it supposed to be used ingame ?

thats what i was aiming for. theres still some stuff i dont like and stuff i want to add.

im learning, this is my third model ever. its supposed to be a futuristic flourescent light for a hl1 map. its sucks, its boring, i know.

flourescentwip9gp.jpg

btw, anyone got a hl1 mdl (er smd) exporter for gmax?

halftrack9qd.jpg

Here's a german halftrack I'm working on for my DoD:S map. Hopefully I'll be able to make a Opel Blitz truck as well, although I've had huge problems so far finding any blueprints.

halftrack9qd.jpg

Here's a german halftrack I'm working on for my DoD:S map. Hopefully I'll be able to make a Opel Blitz truck as well, although I've had huge problems so far finding any blueprints.

:-D

Looked a bit strange at first, but then I realised it's only half a half-track (arf).

Very nice, detailed style that will fit in perfectly well with the existing DoD vehicles. Hope you can get a quality skin slapped on it, of course.

I'm using the blueprints for a Sdkfz-251, one of the earlier models. It looks a bit long, but I'm pretty sure that's just the wonky perspective :)