The random model thread!

KIIIA

Nearly finished my first car. Feels good. I would still appreciate crits though.

Can you show a wireframe please? It looks a bit blocky, may need more than 8k tris (I do not know what's the normal polycount for a source engine car though). Also it seems like you are not mirroring the sides which can save you a lot of uv space.

Can you show a wireframe please? It looks a bit blocky, may need more than 8k tris (I do not know what's the normal polycount for a source engine car though). Also it seems like you are not mirroring the sides which can save you a lot of uv space.

Ah, okay, I assumed it was an amateur thing to mirror uvs, but I also wouldn't know how to hide it correctly. I also wasted lots of uv space, which doesn't help.

The closest Valve-made equivalent I found is 6.8k tris, and that's with a little low-poly interior. I think the blockiness is just my inexperience showing :lol:

Thanks for the feedback!

Wireframe and UV map:

wireframe.thumb.png.3474f70a74727900d53fuv.thumb.png.45c666ea77020c2d5eda751f8fd

Ok guys I figured this would be the best place to ask. I am having a problem with compiling my own custom made models (smd) to make them usable as props and noone knows what it has to do with. We have tried every possible fix we could think of, but nothing works. So now my bid: could anyone of you please model me (or even just compile!) the model I need for my map? If you would offer your help just contact me per personal message. Thanks in advance :) !  

• 3 weeks later...

Today is the day I start learning 3D modelling (At least I hope), because I need to get rid of cs_agency props in my map and learn to make my own!

Problem I'm getting now is that this is 3 separate bezier curves, and when I combine all 3 I get holes :( Oh well, I'm happy for my first 3D model. Now next step is to actually continue making models in Blender and learning.

q6oxNiK.png