Jump to content
KIIIA

The random model thread!

Recommended Posts

ginny that really is awesome, but it's not logical that the lichen is just as dense at the bottom than at the top. also, it goes from being really dense on the right to not even being there on the left. The model is great, though, that's a really nice polycount, too. What's it for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

look attached to the base? that's because they are, it's overgrown with lichen :)http://tinyurl.com/agc88

i got a little overexcited about it though hehe, i'll make another version with less and with some other fixes.

lantern1UVtex.jpg

oh ok, I thought they were flowers. They sorta look like it :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah very nice :) The moss looks abit overscaled to me but then again i have no idea how big this object is supposed to be so it can just aswell be right :)

Right now every side looks exactly thesame though, maybe that can look abit weird ingame. Also the highlights are very bright, and its abit strange they go straight over the moss. Or is that the wireframe? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

heheh, those are wires yeah. mike-o asked for the UVs ;)

the mirroring is definitely the iffiest part imo, but i honestly couldn't come up with a better way to UV it :( i don't think it'll matter much to most players, we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's cool, not much to comment on :)

how big is it meant to be ingame? scaling of the hatches might be a little odd if it's just a regular-sized room window. the tex you linked to, is that the actual skin file? it has odd dimensions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always get fashinated of how good ppl are to model.

Or maybe it is me that like to look at models so much.

I havent seen anything else but good creativity and it pleases me :)

I have to post some aswell but its only stuff i made while learning and such and are not meant to be used by anyone not even myself.

Still i won't die from critism.

Allthough i allready knows most of the errors ;)

That ashtrail btw i made from my own ashtrail at home.

First_Take.jpg

This got really wired:

The_Graal.jpg

Table with short legs:

Wall_Art5.jpg

Wired ice:

Whisky_Glass.jpg

Spellbinder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • MapCore on Discord

  • Our picks

    • Post in [decompiled] dz_blacksite
      Alright, I did some testing with the new detail sprites and found out how more specifically how they work. @Mamorex was on the right track but there's a few key things you left out. 

      Removing $alphatest from the material or adding $translucent

      First, the detail sprites material - it's 2 detail sprite sheets side by side, so version A and version B. The different versions have to have same sprite positions and sizes. You only specify version A coordinates in the .vbsp.


      Next up, the detail sprites masks. Red and blue are for wind offset -- so you can have different parts of the sprites sway in the wind differently, you can see Valve isolated some blades of grass for this effect. The green channel is a tint mask and controls how much the sprites are affected by the $worldspacetint. 

      That brings us to the world space textures. They seem to automatically get resized to fit the whole map area, so it you resize the map you'd have to resize the textures too.

      The world space tint texture is pretty self explanatory, controls what color to tint the grass, 127 grey means no tint. 

      The world space masks texture uses the red channel to select which version of the sprites to use -- 0 is version A and anything more is version B. 

      The green channel of the texture controls the sprite size -- 127 is default, with darker making the sprites smaller and brighter making the sprites larger. The vmt command $minimumspritesize controls the cutoff point for the sprites, so the sprites smaller than the specified value don't get rendered which can act as a placement mask. 

      I don't know what the blue channel of this texture does, changing it had no effect on the sprites for me. 

       

      All this means sprites still get placed by vbsp on map compile, so they still use displacement alpha for the placement, but the new masks can manipulate sprites size and color after map compile.


       

       
  • Articles (view all)

×