KIIIA

The random model thread!

5,548 posts in this topic

trying to get back in the saddle, very WIP. i went a little nuts with the lichen.

lantern1.jpg

434 tris, with LODs at 330 and 226. never made LODs before, so i'm trying to get an idea what to shoot for. it's kinna fun.

kikette likes this

Looks pretty good gins. The only thing that bothers me is that the plants look attatched to the base. would you mind showing us the uv's ? :)

ginny that really is awesome, but it's not logical that the lichen is just as dense at the bottom than at the top. also, it goes from being really dense on the right to not even being there on the left. The model is great, though, that's a really nice polycount, too. What's it for?

look attached to the base? that's because they are, it's overgrown with lichen :)http://tinyurl.com/agc88

i got a little overexcited about it though hehe, i'll make another version with less and with some other fixes.

lantern1UVtex.jpg

oh ok, I thought they were flowers. They sorta look like it :P

yeah very nice :) The moss looks abit overscaled to me but then again i have no idea how big this object is supposed to be so it can just aswell be right :)

Right now every side looks exactly thesame though, maybe that can look abit weird ingame. Also the highlights are very bright, and its abit strange they go straight over the moss. Or is that the wireframe? :P

heheh, those are wires yeah. mike-o asked for the UVs ;)

the mirroring is definitely the iffiest part imo, but i honestly couldn't come up with a better way to UV it :( i don't think it'll matter much to most players, we'll see.

it's cool, not much to comment on :)

how big is it meant to be ingame? scaling of the hatches might be a little odd if it's just a regular-sized room window. the tex you linked to, is that the actual skin file? it has odd dimensions.

I always get fashinated of how good ppl are to model.

Or maybe it is me that like to look at models so much.

I havent seen anything else but good creativity and it pleases me :)

I have to post some aswell but its only stuff i made while learning and such and are not meant to be used by anyone not even myself.

Still i won't die from critism.

Allthough i allready knows most of the errors ;)

That ashtrail btw i made from my own ashtrail at home.

First_Take.jpg

This got really wired:

The_Graal.jpg

Table with short legs:

Wall_Art5.jpg

Wired ice:

Whisky_Glass.jpg

Spellbinder.