dm_grale (updated on 15-08-09)

rockdude86

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with others the map surely looks awesome but it needs more variation.

Vines hanging out from the walls, some little plants here and there and statues is a must for the theme ! and also the cave ceiling could have some roots hang out from it.

Love the unrealish feeling of the map GJ ! :D

Alright i might just cut the crap right now and tell you people whats up...

Im the new mod leader of Instagib:Source!

Instagib:Source is a mod that features ut2k3/4 kind of gameplay and has everything in It from dodge moves to double jump and ofcourse a real nice Instagib shock rifle.

But that’s about all it features so our job is to extend on that and add more “content” to it.

At this moment im preparing everything for our work to really get started etc... documenting possible additions to the mod, basicly writing down what i have had in mind for the past three years.

our mod will be presented as an addition to Instagib:source and will be called Death-Match: Extreme for the fact the mod completely changed team because pospi, the previous mod leader went back to work on other things... fortunately he was kind enough to pass it over to us to further extend on what he started.

Ive allready gathered myself a small team to work on it (wich are all friends of mine) ive got:

- a few mappers

- a programmer

- 2 concept artists

- 2 sound guys

ofcourse we are looking for further additions to our team but recruiting will start when we get things up and running and i make a "real press release" also a website is on its way.

but as we don’t want to be too ambitious with this we will start of small and grow further from there since I don’t want to promise things that wont make it etc… (you all know the story)

currently work has begun on the following:

- menu options for gamespeed, low-grav, number of double jumps

- tweaking of the shock rifle

- zoom function for the shock rifle

- UT99 kind off music

- And ofcourse my map (duh)

Now you probably think: why the hell would you want to recreate ut for the source engine? Well we don’t… yes we will have very similar gameplay, however keep in mind that we are talking about a instagib only mod here and that we want to take it to the extreme! Gameplay wise, graphics wise, the whole fucking deal. This whole mod will (ofcourse) be focused on instagib only.

Lets just say this wont be a peace of cake to play as we aim for the “hardcore” kind of gamer.

Let me know what you guys think of this…