Sign in to follow this  
rockdude86

dm_grale (updated on 15-08-09)

Please make the water anything but this greenish color. My eyes are trying to evacuate from my scull since i saw it. The rest of the map still looks great and i agree with adding water as well

Use env_fire_trail on the torches. Just try it. ;)

ehm im looking at the entity list now and i cant seem to find this env_fire_trail so where would i be able to find this? :?

It isn't in the list. You've got to place any entity in it's place and then change the classname to env_fire_trail and delete all keys except for 'angles.'

some new pics... mainly working on the geometry right now. lighting is stil pretty crappy and im also stil lookin for models of plants etc... also stil havent jet got the new torches in it that are being worked on by a friend of mine.. also a farmiliar sky :o

sorry for the big screens...

map3400009jw.jpg

map3400061fk.jpg

map3400026ls.jpg

I'm finding the brick repetition a little much - needs some variety. In the previous areas you broke up the walls quite nicely but here there is too much in the way of flat expanses.

everyone tnx for the comments. this is some really early work... im trying out some things with scaling the bricks wich ofcourse would make it a lot better but im mainly after finishing the layout right now. its about 80% complete. i will keep on adding variety to the geometry until im happy with it just like the older pictures posted... also when i get models of plants etc... whatever fits the theme in the map it wil brake up the repetition and hopefully make it look a lot nicer.

and like nico said.. players wont get stuck in the walls i allready covert them with nodraw brushes... and havent jet found any problems with them. and as for the purpose thing Stratesiz said, im not trying to create a realistic environment here im really going for that quake/unreal look.

i want it to have the same kind of fast gameplay and you wil have to know the map really wel to get your benefits of that. but i guess we will get to that once its ready to start playtesting. but that will probably take me another month or 2 cause i dont really have much time to work on the map.

The ellipsis is the new comma! :P

Out of curiousity, is there a reason why you are using nodraw brushes to cover wall indents and the like, rather than using clip brushes? Clip brushes are made for that purpose after all, and can allow bullets and physics objects to pass through (or not, if you don't want).

another small update. added some trees and plants that where created bye shiroko and used in cs_jungle... also replaced the ground texture but thats temporary for now until i find some that fit the theme better. also everything way too dark especially the models but i think they fit in nicely.

C&C...

map3600012wz.jpg

map3600041ph.jpg