Sign in to follow this  
rockdude86

dm_grale (updated on 15-08-09)

Looking pretty good, but its a really boring map colour wise.

Somebody probably already suggested this, but adding some wines or plants to add some variation would help making it less uniform.

Also the lighting seems to be a bit all over the place in some of the shots, a little contrast would help alot.

But apart from that it looks promising.

Nice work, but like the others say it looks quite similar in all places. Try adding different lighting, different brick types or maybe wood or cellerstone. Some vegitation, dead or alive, would also give it some depth. :)

another small update:)

i have been trying to contact blazeeer because he mentioned in his readme from the texture pack that he has some alpha channel/decal textures that originally where part of the pack but where not included in this one but i only have his anarchyarmy mail on wich i get a notification mail that my message could not be sent:( does anyone have his email??

would help me out greatly.

here are some updated screens:

grale047rr.jpg

dmgrale400031be.jpg

I think its hard to make the rooms look not so similar, atleast lighting wise.. its a castle, in the medival times, its not like they had neon lights in different colors...

but you could experiment with the sun shining through different colors of glass or something...

everyone tnx for the comments

ill try out the env_fire_trail for the torches (they really look like crap now and also have to make a model for them wich im tool lazy for atm. first want to finish the layout and everyting)

also tnx for your mail philip i never realised you where him :o

im working on the lighting also and for the outside areas (there will be a few of them such as a main courtyard and some connecting hallways)

im trying out some things with the env_sun to make it look like its the moon instead.

same small update as posted yesterday...

pics:

dmgrale400110tf.jpg

dmgrale400091ez.jpg

added the planks over the new water, added bricks in the displacement floor. displacement stil looks pretty crappy way too empty and stuff really needs some plants etc..

c&c pls

(edit)

and another one just for fun :D (this is how it looked like in hl1. i didnt have a internet connection at that moment)

hl1picgrale8bf.jpg