dm_grale (updated on 15-08-09)

rockdude86

thought id create my own topic instead of flooding the wip in wip post your screenshots one :wink:

its a castle/temple based map using textures from the former graal3d project. textures all created by blazeeer except for the wood wich comes from hl2 (dont know if ill change those)

just some minor changes (to the new section the old one is still as it was)

changed the lighting a little, added a border texture, some more brickwork and added some more wood.

C&C please

dmxtreme00088fe.jpg

dmxtreme00091cb.jpg

dmxtremebridge00009tf.jpg

dmxtremebridge00015px.jpg

dmxtremebridge00021jf.jpg

dmxtremebridge00037ag.jpg

(edit) changed the name of the thread to dm_grale :D

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eager to see the skybox mate ;)

hehe yes i know :D thats because it are 2 seperate maps right now still have to stitch them together

also in reply to Bic-B@ll yes it really needs some models/props allready thought about adding chains but im still looking for a nice way to add them to the map so that they have some sort of use.

yes, nice... but you really some more variation: varied lighting, some more wood, different details, varied architecture elements etc... then it will really be A+

but its looking good so far.. so just keeping adding to it :)

Agree, the rest looks very good.

It really has style, that castle of yours. :)

And indeed, the large blocks get kinda repetetive and I think the map is a bit too dark overall. Besides that, it does look good indeed.

Oh, and for a 3D skybox... can I see high mountain peeks on the horizon with tall, gloomy castles on them with lots of high towers? :)