The Last Great War

Hey there Jaboo224 here.

http://www.thelastgreatwar.com (We are getting a new site in October) is in need a little help. Last Great War is a Pacific Theatre mod set in the WW2 time period for the Half-Life 2 engine. The mod will feature a new type of gameplay that hasn't been expressed in a ww2 genre mod/game.

We currently have 17-20 people working on the mod and all are very talented. We have 2 coders and several people in the art department. The team is very friendly and easy to work with.

Here are the available jobs:

Mapper

- Requirements - Must be able to create immersive maps for the Half-Life 2 engine.

Prop Modeller

- Requirements - Must be able to create low-poly props for map's.

Texture Artists

- Requirements - Must be able to make seamless and realistic textures.

Musicians

- Requirements - Must be able to make good music that fits a pacific theme.

If you are interested in any of these or something that is not listed please contact me or post here in this thread.

Email: Jaboo224@sourceblog.net

MSN: Jaboo224@hotmail.com

AIM: Jaboo224

Now just so this post isn't completely boring here is a couple renders

m1carbine-full.jpg

typr44-full.jpg

Got a question about the mod? please post it :) i will be glad to answer it :D

The mod will feature a new type of gameplay that hasn't been expressed in a ww2 genre mod/game.

c'mon, spill the beans if you want to get people to work for you for free :)

I know that all too often a mod's only assets are its original ideas, but I think they're also the strongest selling point. In general I think people are too guarded about these things, thinking others will steal their ideas or something, but I also think that cripples recruitment efforts.

Well We will put you in many different environments that will bring you a different experience each map. We will bring a unique melee system that will focus on movement and other features. We will focus on team-play and an important thing in most ww2 games that is rarely done Jamming. I don't want to give you too many things as we want to keep them a surprise :).

Well We will put you in many different environments that will bring you a different experience each map. We will bring a unique melee system that will focus on movement and other features. We will focus on team-play and an important thing in most ww2 games that is rarely done Jamming. I don't want to give you too many things as we want to keep them a surprise :).

Well, there's a reason jamming is rarely done.

In my opinion of course.

Weapon media looks tasty, though.

hehe your entitled to your opinion :)

I was just saying that stuff to appeal to realism buff's :)

The things that will make LGW innovative is new objective oriented teamplay modes, the focus on australian troops, and the Pacific's unconventional warfare, as well as focusing on building a fun game, not just a realistic "simulator".

Jamming isnt a feature i like to promote in my mod especially since its nothing big, but while random jamming does tend to irritate people. We've come up with an innovative system for some automatic weapons, namely machine guns for reloading called "safe vs. quick" which is related/thecause of jamming.

A player who will tap his reload key while using an automatic weapon will reload his weapon quickly, and be prone to jamming, although rare.

A player who holds down his reload key, and waits for slightly longer process of reloading to finish, has a much slighter chance of jamming his weapon.

The mod, LGW, isnt that new either. We're a well-established volunteer organization, with a history. Currently looking for a brighter future, and we're hoping some prospective new members full of potential can help out.

melee and movement are not the top priorities in the mod :roll:

like i said, the mod has been well-established for a long time. No chances of just saying hey, u know what, lets make a kung fu mod.

Well don't just roll your virtual eyes at him, clarify.

At the moment it sounds like soldiers will be using rifles like pugel sticks or something. It doesn't sound like the sort of combat you'd get in WW2. How exactly will the melee system operate?