HAMMER 4.0 ISSUE: BRUSHTOOL IGNORES GRIDLINES

⌐■_■

there are several things in the new hammer that drive me crazy:

1) if you use ctrl + m to transform something (rotation specifically) it doesnt put the object abck on the grid, it's always off by a quarter of a unit and i have to go back and fix every point if i forget to vertex manipulate-move the entire thing.

2) the clipping tool never starts where you click, its always the next unit over, moving it with the grid is a pain in the ass

3) if you use the apply texture and values, it only works once

1- Only happens to me when at the finest grid

2- Only happens to me when at the finest grid too

3- Not sure what you exacly mean but I never had problems applying textures to a brush with the same settings as the selected face.

Some of the shotcuts can be anoying indeed, I often loose the snap to grid.

Rotated geometry shouldn't automatically snap to the grid. You might lose your shape doing that. It's the one thing that would make better floating support welcome in hammer - beyond that you don't have enough building precision to be worth it.

And wow, is this transformation box new, or was I just blissfully ignorant all these years? Never touched the damn thing. :)

Edit: added automatically and the following disclaimer that despite my comment of floating point support, I'm still probably one of the biggest grid nazis you'll ever find :P

Rotated geometry shouldn't automatically snap to the grid. You might lose your shape doing that. It's the one thing that would make better floating support welcome in hammer - beyond that you don't have enough building precision to be worth it.

And wow, is this transformation box new, or was I just blissfully ignorant all these years? Never touched the damn thing. :)

Edit: added automatically and the following disclaimer that despite my comment of floating point support, I'm still probably one of the biggest grid nazis you'll ever find :P

The transform box has been there forever, you little nazi. :)

ctrl + m you noob :P

while yes it technicallly shouldnt snap to grid because it would screw with the line distances, who cares, its fucking annoying, wc didnt do it :(

about gird nazis, i was going crazy in cad class (not outloud) when people were drawing things by simply lining their cursor up with the dots, they didnt realize that just becasue the cursor was on the dot didnt mean hat the line was. TURN SNAP ON BASTARDS

(wc could use an osnap function with clipping and vertex manipulation)