Aftermath trailer

mike-0

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well...i'm definitely going to play it, and while this trailer doesn't blow me away or anything, somehow it has me excited at the possibility of quality gaming in HL2 universe. i've been so busy i haven't had time to play any games other than 15 minutes a day of Mercenaries on my xbox (hey, i liked the game)...anyway if it's good I'll play it, even if doesn't revolutionize anything.

it's going to be free to owners of HL2, right? if so, then i can't complain.

I dont think its possible to get me more unimpressed

What did you expect? Unreal 3 engine based HL2 expansion?

Looks good, cant wait to see more. It was a typical Valve trailer so I didnt expect alot...

No. I expected something that at least somewhat around hl2s visuals.

The stuff they've released so far looks like maps they pulled together in about 10min each.

But Im surely gonna end up playing it as well, if just to be able to whine about it.

I dunno, I quite liked it. It doesn't really show much of the visuals, but certainly nothing to suggest it won't be up to HL2 quality.

At least time they're showing custom cutscenes, voice acting and the Stalkers now having a proper role.

I don't think it'll disappoint, really. As long as they at least attempt to improve on HL2's flaws.

But this all boils down to the expansion pack disccussion. The original game sets so much for the expansion pack, I mean, I don't think any of you would be thinking OPforce was so good if HL wasn't so good.

I know I wouldn't love Frozen Throne so much if I didn't love WC3, so I'm guessing that the Aftermath expansion is going to be as exciting as bleeding eyes, the more I think back to HL2 the more I think that there was absolutely NOTHING great about the game itself, the engine with all it's doodads is very impressive, more so than Doom3, but story was bland as a tall drink of water from a pint. So what more is Aftermath going to give us? More of the uuh.. so good mediocrity that blends to the surroundings, no thanks, I got better things to do.

But this all boils down to the expansion pack disccussion. The original game sets so much for the expansion pack, I mean, I don't think any of you would be thinking OPforce was so good if HL wasn't so good.

I know I wouldn't love Frozen Throne so much if I didn't love WC3, so I'm guessing that the Aftermath expansion is going to be as exciting as bleeding eyes, the more I think back to HL2 the more I think that there was absolutely NOTHING great about the game itself, the engine with all it's doodads is very impressive, more so than Doom3, but story was bland as a tall drink of water from a pint. So what more is Aftermath going to give us? More of the uuh.. so good mediocrity that blends to the surroundings, no thanks, I got better things to do.

Uhuh, but then if like me you think HL2 was great...

Other side of the coin.