Counter-Strike 2

blackdog

Apparently the current version of CS:GO's Dust II was originally made for Source 2,

total shite. stop listening to this grifter lol.

On 3/23/2023 at 2:02 AM, mendaxyz said:

Does anyone familiar with Source 2 have an idea of how this might affect current projects? Do you think it's gonna be simple to open current CS:GO maps in the Source 2 editor or will certain parts of the map break/need updating before being compiled in the new engine?

there's apparently a 'great' port tool we'll be getting closer to release. I would suggest getting into the new hammer asap tho

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 6:58 PM, blackdog said:

YES! It's finally a thing!!!

Fantastic that the first video they posted they already talk about mapping

The smoke nades are really impressive 🤤

I would also like to recommend a platform https://skin.club/community/en/articles/skins-history/ through which you can get the best weapon skins.

Good day. As a big fan of counter-strike (I've been playing it since 2007), I can't wait for the release of cs 2. As for me, this is a cool cs go update.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone else think that selection wheels (e.g. weapons inventory) are good—and not just for console. To me, it's like the windows button when it was in the corner. Gets burnt into your muscle memory very quickly, and you can do it with eyes closed. You only have to get the general angle right and pass the threshold distance.

Edited by NikiOo

On 6/23/2023 at 1:49 PM, NikiOo said:

Does anyone else think that color wheels are good—and not just for console. To me, it's like the windows button when it was in the corner. Gets burnt into your muscle memory very quickly, and you can do it with eyes closed. You only have to get the general angle right and pass the threshold distance.

Is this in relation to the editor?

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2023 at 8:27 PM, blackdog said:

Is this in relation to the editor?

Oops, I meant selection wheel, not color wheel 😀. And no, I'm talking about the new buy menu.

I'm making my own shooter game and, because I don't like clicking on buttons, I made a wheel interface (with sub-wheels) for the dev tools, and I think it's a pretty good replacement for menu bars and dropdown menus.

In terms of the editor, I hope the new one has a better asset importing pipeline. Importing textures and models was such a chore in Hammer even with the community-made tools.