Insurgency Mod's First Wave

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Just for the information. Is anyone here from the mappers interested in joining Insurgency? Many mapcorians are INS members but many are not. I know that other talented mapcorians work for other mods or in the industry but maybe i have missed a talent, who knows.

It's against my ethics to go to people from other mods and try to hire them. But if someone is interested in joining us he should pm me and link me to his portfolio or work examples. ;)

I was going to join as a programmer and possibly do some mapping, but I had to decline when I turned out to have understimated the workload I have for uni this year :( Working on such an anticipated mod would be an awesome opportunity though - I recommend any mapcorians give it consideration.

Are you guys a "professional" mod that kinda of acts like a game development company. I want to know whats its like to be on the INS team before even considering that much.

To explain things simply... We're a bunch of people who became friends while working on a mod :)

Are you guys a "professional" mod that kinda of acts like a game development company. I want to know whats its like to be on the INS team before even considering that much.

I wouldn't call it "professional" but we are bunch of talented amateurs and some industry pros. We have experience in modding and know what it means to bring a mod to release.

We don't draw concepts for every little prop model or something like that, if thats your definition of professionalism. We have some rules that a member must follow and we have departments with department leaders for a better organization. The individual still has more freedom then in a games company. Our mappers can make their own decissions about layout and look of their maps.

Our team is more like a family then a games company. Sometimes we have conflicts, but thats normal in a big family and we know how to manage problems. The most times we are friends with the same interests and targets. I love our team. Working on ins made me a lot of fun yet.

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.