61 Triumph TR3a

Phish

Well, my project for the past summer has been helping rebuild my best friend's 1961 Triumph TR3a. It isn't quite finished yet (these pics were taken earlier today...still needs rear lights, windshield, interior, and the engine needs retuned as we havent touched it in a month).

Triumph1.jpg

Triumph2.jpg

Triumph4.jpg

Triumph6.jpg

I'll post a few more pics once it's drivable. Hopefully it'll have the Le Mans racing stripe and be drivable in about a month.

I guess I forgot to mention it when I posted. The wheels on there are obviously not the originals for that car. They will be replaced either by Cragar SS Mags(a wheel that was popular on US muscle cars in the 60s) or 60-spoke wire wheels. As this isn't my car, I really don't have a say in it, although I'm hoping for the wire wheels as they fit the style better than Cragar Mags. The Cragar wheels were popular on muscle cars, and would go well on the 69 Firebird 400 convertible we're going to rebuild next summer. This car deserves wire wheels. Only problem is a set of 5(4 for the car plus a spare), the knockoffs, and the spindles will run about $1700-$1800, plus tires and tubes for the tires. Not exactly cheap.