stupid popup

silver

I open css and it runs perfect. No popups or anything. then I join a game, and it downloads perfectly. When I get to the mapdescription part where you have to press "ok" to continiue it starts to lag a bit (think its because the game has to load everything) But then when I get to the teampicking part, I keep getting this stupid popup adverticing thingy that minimizes css and brings me back to the desktop. Now I can either close the popup or just return to the game again. The problem is that during that time were both the game loads and the popup gets activated my ping freaks out, and Im generally kicked out of most of the games I join. this means it takes forever to join a game, and most of the times I get kicked by the server for highpinging.

My question is how to stop those popups. I think Ive tried almost everything.

Addaware

spypot

popupkiller

microsoft antispyware

and some other random antispyware programs

But I still keep getting that annoying popup... any suggestions on how to remove it ?? I even tried rebooting my computer... still doesnt work

This is a list of runnnig programs

taskmgr.exe

firefox.exe

openconvo.exe

alg.exe

SymWSC.exe

cidaemon.exe

snmp.exe

msmsgs.exe

savscan.exe

nvsv32.exe

ccevtmgr.exe

ccsetmgr.exe

iexplore.exe

gcasdtserv.exe

wbload.exe

navapsvc.exe

iexplore.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

msnmsgr.exe

cursorxp.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

mixer.exe

realsched.exe

cisvc.exe

servces.exe

winlogon.exe

csrss.exe

msgplus.exe

ccaop.exe

smss.exe

explore.exe

spoolsv.exe

steam.exe

svchost.exe

lvcomsx.exe

Hmm do you think msnplus can have anything to do with it. I still get the popup even though I have closed msn

Er, if it's a Windows dialogue type window which says messager in the titlebar, you need to go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Messenger > Right click > Properties > Disable. It's a command prompt based messaging things that's designed for local networks, for also works over the internet for insecure machines.

There are a few processes there I havent heard of, but they could just be printer drivers and what not.

What I do if I see a process I dont reconize, is google it, There are tons of websites that catalouge the good and the bad.

Watch out for viruses and adware that replaces safe processes though, you don't want to remove something good just because it could be bad.