The Island - the movie.

Alf-Life

Yes, it's Michael Bay... BUT... early-Alias writers (and I looove early Alias) Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci wrote this one, and it looks like it's gonna be amazing.

It's out tomorrow in the US, but us Brits will have to wait until early August.

Oh, and the lovely Scarlet Johansson's in it (with Ewan McGregor, the amazing (well, he was in Alias tongue.gif) Djimon Hounsou, the underrated Sean Bean, the cool Steve Buscemi, and the big bugger Michael Clarke Duncan).

Don't watch the trailers, just go.

Official Site.

Yeah but forget the director, sure it's his visual vision and all that... but the two writers (and one extra one (Office quote without realising it :D)) are brilliant... they did wonders on Alias, so the 'human story' and twists are bound to be good.

As for WotW, we had trailers for Lost which UK Terrestrial TV is finally getting in the Summer and King Kong. King Kong looks amazing, like Jurassic Park on acid... :o

Yeah but forget the director, sure it's his visual vision and all that... but the two writers (and one extra one (Office quote without realising it :D)) are brilliant... they did wonders on Alias, so the 'human story' and twists are bound to be good.

As for WotW, we had trailers for Lost which UK Terrestrial TV is finally getting in the Summer and King Kong. King Kong looks amazing, like Jurassic Park on acid... :o

Lost is awesome, its about to hit the shelves on DVD for season 1 soon, I would definately advise getting it

Lost is awesome, its about to hit the shelves on DVD for season 1 soon, I would definately advise getting it

It's starting on UK television very soon. Can't wait to see if it lives up to the hype.

I was going to. :) Mainly because I loved what JJ Abrams did with early Alias even though MikeyZee keeps telling me he's a hack and Lost's awesomeness all comes from David Fury. :D

and damon lindeloff is also awesome (lost show runner)

abrams is just a guy who wrote a lot of felicity episodes.

It's starting on UK television very soon. Can't wait to see if it lives up to the hype.

It doesnt IMO TBQFH. Lost isnt that great (the serie on the island right?).

I saw the first 10 episodes or so then i completely didnt care anymore

just go in and don't expect anything, that is the best thing to do with any TV show. Form your own opinions, despite what everyone else says (like RD did with Lost :P

The island will be the typical action packed movie, Pearl Harbor, Bad Boys 2, etc, all done by Mr Bay

I was going to. :) Mainly because I loved what JJ Abrams did with early Alias even though MikeyZee keeps telling me he's a hack and Lost's awesomeness all comes from David Fury. :D

and damon lindeloff is also awesome (lost show runner)

abrams is just a guy who wrote a lot of felicity episodes.

Well, he did then go and create (and write & direct the Pilot and Season openers and enders) for Alias, which is pretty underrated over here in the UK.

I guess we'll have to wait until MI3 before I can say "yep; hack", although even then he's only directing (although 2 Alias luminaries are writing; same guys who did The Island and are doing the new Transformers movie).

You should definately give the first couple of seasons of Alias a try; they're hard to get into if you practically don't watch them on DVD, and after a hit n miss Season 4 it does seem to be going downhill, with 1 still, imho, being the best.