Best Soundtrack Ever?!

Mojo

Now I love soundtracks and scores, I own hundreds of them. But upon seeing Charlie and Chocolate Factory I think that this soundtrack is by far the best in a long LONG time. Energy and everything Elfman brings to this is just amazing and he far outdoes himself. I just got this and am listening to it after about a week of seeing the movie and the music still holds up, so its not a fluke. The music is just awesome, oh and Elfman did ALL the vocals, ALL OF THEM, lets see Williams or Zimmer do that.

Now my favorites of late have been Kingdom of Heaven and Batman Begins, but I think Charlie and the Chocolate Factory just outdoes everything. And if you don't like this soundtrack, then you are either a terrorist or a penguin.

EDIT: I will admit that the rest of the soundtrack is at times Elfman-esque, but that is quickly brushed aside when one hears the new Ompa Lumpa songs in all the glory. It is best to actually see the movie first, but this is one Elfman soundtrack that has really stood out from the rest. Spiderman has a unique theme, but that is all.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schindler's List >>> all.

Beautiful, breathtaking and heartbreaking at the same time. Perfect, like the movie itself.

The LOTR soundtrack is also one of the best ever.

Like I said in the BB thread, I was very dissapointed in the Batman Begins soundtrack. Very standard stuff, IMO. Doesn't even come close to Elfman's Batman (1989) soundtrack.

Donno if I can just pick one soundtrack that I simply think is the best, it changes from time to time, a couple of JohnnyW, JerryG n DannyE scores are probably up there, but recently Ive been hearing alot of the Chicken Run soundtrack. Its not that special, but it just has alot going on and is quite pwn :D

Btw, is it just me or was the soundtrack for War of the Worlds kinda forgetable? I think its the first time that I saw a movie with a Johnny score where I didnt pay attention to it at all.

Also note that I love it when Speilberg calls John Williams Johnny ;D

I expected WoW to be great, but was so let down, there is nothign too spectacular about it that seperates it as a distinguishable soundtrack, like hook, jurassic park, amistad.

Constantine is a surprising good soundtrack, if you like the sort of things that Zimmer did in Black Hawk Down (which is an awesome soundtrack).

Like Mazy, its tough for me to pick an ultimate soundtrack, but mine for the moment is CatCF since I have listened to it 3 times :cry: and I actually haven't gotten bored of it yet. Plus its just :megamon:

Choco Factory is a great soundtrack, yeah. I got it last week and have listened to it a whole bunch of times thus far.

I have so many awesome soundtrack that it's impossible to pick just one (or even a few), though. I mean, sometimes you want some of the epic Gladiator music, while sometimes the deep, interweaving strings of K19 - The Widowmaker are what's required. Then of course there's the times when the Nightmare Before Christmas needs rolling out.

If we're talking recently though, I'd say the Batman Begins soundtrack is some really hot stuff. It's very subtle and ambient, and on the first listen it seems a bit lacking, but it's a really awesome piece of work if you listen properly and take it all in. Also, the Mr & Mrs Smith soundtrack is surprisingly listenable!

And yeah, the WotW soundtrack is a bit poo. I've never really been a huge fan of John Williams though. I'm more into Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman and John Powell. :)))

I should just make a list of all my soundtracks since everytime I buy a CD, I just rip it APS and then never see that CD again, but since I am materialistic I want CDs and not iTunes.

I am now on my 5th time for Choco Factory. Its so crazy, I couldn't listen to BHD or signs or star wars this much, but I can listen to this all day

If we're talking recently though, I'd say the Batman Begins soundtrack is some really hot stuff. It's very subtle and ambient, and on the first listen it seems a bit lacking, but it's a really awesome piece of work if you listen properly and take it all in. Also, the Mr & Mrs Smith soundtrack is surprisingly listenable!

And yeah, the WotW soundtrack is a bit poo. I've never really been a huge fan of John Williams though. I'm more into Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman and John Powell. :)))

Just let BB and WotW change places and you've got it right. Both had kinda forgettable music and I really wanted strong themes for both of them. Still liked the WotW soundtrack better.